Pillar is on a mission to help the 45 million people in the US affected by student debt to achieve financial well-being.
Pillar does the hard work for our users—tracking income, spending, and debt to generate recommendations that help pay down their balances and keep more of their hard earned dollars.
We’re a small but mighty team that has raised over $5.5M from the world’s top VCs behind companies like Airbnb, DoorDash, Stripe, and Uber. Our other investors include founders & executives from Robinhood, Flatiron Health, Slack, Petal, and Wealthfront.
You’re welcome at Pillar for who you are—no matter where you came from or what you look like.
Interested in being a part of the journey? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our design, marketing, and product teams to define and enforce Pillar’s style guide and strengthen the brand by ensuring that new product features and marketing material align with our visual language
- Partner closely with engineering, product, design, and marketing to tackle design challenges. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that balance user needs and business goals
- Create a variety of design assets for web, Android, and iOS
- Advocate for exceptional design and design thinking across our organization
What we’re looking for
- 4 years of experience designing digital products
- Exceptional visual & graphic design skills
- A team player with great communication skills
Qualities we value in our people
- A generalist mindset—you're willing to help out across all parts of the company
- Humility—you ask foe help when you need it and you're open to feedback
- Self-awareness—you understand how your actions impact others. You treat others with respect and assume good intentions
- Speed—you can make the tradeoffs required to ship quickly without compromising quality