About Pillar: We believe that people are the most important part of a business and we are focused on enabling our clients to build the best businesses through recruiting the best people.
The majority of companies have not changed the ways they recruit for decades and are now out of date and out of touch. We are solving this and in doing so building great, forward thinking businesses. Our team is mission-driven and scaling up. We value humanity (compassion, embracing fun and quirks, and staying humble) while striving for excellence (accountability, active learning, and ownership). Sound like you? Read on!
As one of the first members of the sales team in a fast growing start-up your efforts will shape the future of the company and your career growth and opportunities will be dramatically accelerated.
About this role:
As the Director of Operations, you will be a key member of the executive team in our growing organization. This is a critical role that will help enable communication, collaboration and strategy execution across our teams and with our customers. In this role you will work closely with our CEO, Product, Development, Marketing and Sales team members. We need individuals who are ready to drive programs, execute, and monitor our business strategy. You should be a sharp critical thinker who can solve large business issues and communicate effectively with the ability to dive into the detail. You will develop a deep understanding of the critical success factors of an early stage startup and gain experience further scaling our organization.
From day one, the director of operations will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between department heads. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the agenda and logistics of our weekly and quarterly leadership meetings to encourage productive dialogue and proper use of time
- Work on some of the most important strategic & operational projects from ideation, research, up until initial implementation; Accelerate decision-making by acting as a proxy for the CEO in meetings and ensuring content is reflective of the company strategy
- Draft communications and own content development for internal and external speaking engagements, including board and partner meetings, org-wide all hands meetings, executive and board meetings.
- Document, refine, align and track our Annual and Quarterly Goals
What You’ll Need:
- To be a self starter and a team player- someone who focuses on results and finds a way to get to the desired result in the best possible way
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS, ideally in a project management, business management, operations or chief of staff type function
- Strong analytical rigor with quantitative capabilities
- Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Trustworthy and can keep sensitive information confidential at all times
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills - you can develop and deliver engaging presentations, and run efficient and productive meetings
Humanity Over Everything
We care about people. We know that people are more than just their job title. We trust and believe in our people as the foundation of success.
Embrace Fun and Quirks
We take our jobs seriously and have fun while doing so. We celebrate our quirks and differences. We balance professionalism and a strong work ethic with camaraderie and playfulness.
We believe in pride of ownership without ego. We have growth mindsets and know that we can always learn and improve. We are delighted when our teammates succeed.
Strive for Excellence
We are all top performers who think like owners of the business. We hold the bar high, and follow through on our commitments. We take accountability for our failures and our successes.
We encourage ourselves and others to ask questions and dig beyond face value. We respectfully challenge each other's ideas and work. We believe substantial questions are the foundation of a strong business, from an interview process through an exit interview.
Celebrate Failure in Pursuit of Success
We aren't embarrassed by our failures - we communicate and learn from them to continue to grow.
Pillar is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.