About Pillar: We believe that people are the most important part of a business and we are focused on enabling our clients to build the best businesses through recruiting the best people.
The majority of companies have not changed the ways they recruit for decades and are now out of date and out of touch. We are solving this and in doing so building great, forward thinking businesses. Our team is mission-driven and scaling up. We value humanity (compassion, embracing fun and quirks, and staying humble) while striving for excellence (accountability, active learning, and ownership). Sound like you? Read on!
As one of the first members of the team in a fast growing start-up your efforts will shape the future of the company and your career growth and opportunities will be dramatically accelerated.
About this role: Pillar is looking for an experienced full-stack designer as our first, full-time design lead. The main initial focus will be on designing our SaaS platform, built for hiring managers. As Sr. Designer, you’ll collaborate cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, Marketing, and leadership teams to discover, create, and launch new software. You will have the unique opportunity to lead all elements of design and rapidly prototype new and innovative solutions, as we develop a SaaS platform for our customers. You'll also become a part of the High Alpha network of experienced SaaS experts and operators including a community of 25+ designers across their Studio portfolio.
While the ideal candidate has experience in the full design and delivery pipeline — from discovery & research through high-fidelity design and prototyping — we’re looking for someone with a detailed eye for modern interface and interaction design.
Visit highalpha.design to see our latest work.
What You’ll Do
- Work as part of a product & engineering team that’s focused on delivering value to customers through thoughtful design.
- Collaborate on design ideas and concepts with our engineering, sales, and leadership teams.
- Own and execute design solutions from ideation to execution.
- Assist in the definition and scoping of new products, features, and MVPs.
- Talk to prospects and potential users to validate concepts and design thoughtful solutions.
- Lead ‘design thinking’ sessions across the business to assist with broader company progression
- Collaborate with other designers to give and receive thoughtful feedback on creative work.
- Refine user interaction and visual design detail over product life cycles.
- Define a comprehensive design system that will allow for the continued development of new features in an efficient and consistent manner.
- On occasion, you’ll support design marketing websites, event graphics, promotional materials, and other marketing communications.
- Create and define visual design systems and brand standards that will allow for the continued scaling of our newly created brands.
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5+ years professional design experience.
- Experience in end-to-end product design (conceptual discovery, through high-fidelity delivery), but with a strong visual UI focus.
- Someone with strong communication skills, who listens and seeks to understand the “why.”
- A thoughtfully-presented portfolio that demonstrates a refined aesthetic, the ability to think conceptually, and excellent visual and product design skills.
- Experience in UX research methods.
- Genuine curiosity and a strong desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Proven experience creating high-fidelity designs in Sketch, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience working with engineering teams to develop designs that align with technical realities.
- The ability to create prototypes using tools such as InVision, Marvel, Framer, HTML/CSS/JS, or other tools.
Humanity Over Everything
We care about people. We know that people are more than just their job title. We trust and believe in our people as the foundation of success.
Embrace Fun and Quirks
We take our jobs seriously and have fun while doing so. We celebrate our quirks and differences. We balance professionalism and a strong work ethic with camaraderie and playfulness.
We believe in pride of ownership without ego. We have growth mindsets and know that we can always learn and improve. We are delighted when our teammates succeed.
Strive for Excellence
We are all top performers who think like owners of the business. We hold the bar high, and follow through on our commitments. We take accountability for our failures and our successes.
We encourage ourselves and others to ask questions and dig beyond face value. We respectfully challenge each other's ideas and work. We believe substantial questions are the foundation of a strong business, from an interview process through an exit interview.
Celebrate Failure in Pursuit of Success
We aren't embarrassed by our failures - we communicate and learn from them to continue to grow.
Pillar is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.