Technology advances at a blindingly fast pace, and what seemed like the best from a few months ago may well be obsolete today. Piktochart is always looking for ways to empower our users to be more creative and efficient in telling their stories visually. In order to do so, we need someone who is user-centric and always think from the user's perspective, and execute projects together with an outsourced team of developers based remotely.
Piktochart is currently serving over 10 million users worldwide, and have inspired people across diverse industries to communicate their ideas more effectively through creative use of visuals. As you can then imagine, there are various requirements from each role or industry of our user base! You'll need to make smart balance between building something from scratch and timely delivery by integrating and building on top legal 3rd party solutions. Regardless, we should always keep in mind of the user experience to ensure great discoverability and adoption, while meeting technical requirements!
We're now on the mission to enrich the editor experience from input of content to output of visual, so if this sounds like an adventure you're up for then read on to find out more!
Your mission :
- Prioritize and manage project deliverables to meet timeline with outsourced team members.
- Gather and write specs to communicate to the development team, and conduct independent research as needed.
- Answerable to progress updates and timeline estimation and updates the company about why the projects are noteworthy. Includes a periodic update during MAM.
- Highlight issues or bottlenecks when product development is not going as planned. Communicate with the Unity team on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate help and input from shared resources (e.g. Dev Ops, Data scientists, Marketers, etc.) who are not exclusive to your team, as well as involving respective Team Leaders where necessary.
You offer :
- 1-2 years of experience in product management within a web environment with a strong track record of successfully shipping out products.
- Knowledge of product management and development cycles as well as Agile/Scrum methodology would be a nice to have.
- Able to communicate well with people face to face or remotely, regardless of the medium of communication.
- A healthy obsession over our users and quality, and especially advocating for great user experience.
- Experience in adapting to rapidly iterative product requirements.
- Has the hunger and humility to learn, great communication skills, can think independently, good attention to details and passion for a product like Piktochart.
- Penang, Malaysia
- Work with the team in HQ office
Who are we?
We are transforming the visual storytelling space by delivering an effortless user experience in creating beautiful, professional grade visuals. By pushing the limits of what’s possible in technology and taking time to understand our users, Piktochart has empowered over 10 million users worldwide to visually communicate in ways that were not possible before!
The team that is behind Piktochart consists of 14 nationalities spread across 8 countries. Pair programming, mentorship, code reviews and group learning all form part of our daily lives and we consider it a privilege to continuously learn. The HOPEFUL values define our culture and inform our actions and decisions.