Content lies at the heart of Piktochart’s relationships with our users and partners, as well as the majority of our marketing activities at the top of the Acquisition funnel. We love content. We breathe content. We aim to create content that inspires and empowers people to take concrete steps towards becoming better designers and storytellers. We also want to share what we’ve learned from our unique approach to culture and work.
As our Content Specialist, you’ll not only be crafting high quality pieces of content for our blog and beyond, but you’ll also play a role in growing our blog readership and engagement. Some 80,000 readers visit the Piktochart blog every month - would you like to help us grow our audience to a million?
We’re looking for a rockstar writer and marketer who is user-focused, data driven, and passionate about tech, startups, content marketing, and visual storytelling.
We need your help to:
- Write high-quality, well-researched, and actionable articles for the Piktochart blog and other publications where we publish guest posts. Just “okay” is not good enough. We are looking for unique, outstanding content that fits well with our values, existing voice, and target audience.
- Research and generate fresh and engaging article ideas that will inspire and educate our audience.
- Experiment with new ways of repurposing our best performing content and our evergreen articles - that includes planning and creating a variety of content upgrades together with our design team
- Grow Piktochart’s blog engagement through outreach campaigns and influencer marketing
- Work closely with remote team members across various cultural backgrounds and timezones to facilitate projects efficiently.
Your superpowers include:
- Native or close to native level of written and spoken English.
- Passion for both writing and content marketing.
- Strong portfolio of high-quality writing samples about at least one of these topics: startup culture and growth, marketing, visual storytelling, design (can be your blog, other blogs you’ve written for, etc). High social media followership and engagement on your articles is a big plus.
- Creativity and drive for experimentation. You like coming up with new ideas and testing out different approaches, and you learn from data before you try something new.
- Knowledge about every step of the blog editorial process from idea generation through SEO to writing killer content and the distribution and promotion of that content.
- Having a holistic understanding of content marketing, conversion optimization, social media, email, video, SEO, paid ads, and public relations, and so on would be great!
- A data-driven attitude - you like interpreting data and have an understanding of and/or experience with platforms like Kissmetrics or Google Analytics.
- A passion to improve your craft and your marketing skills, and you have a hunger to keep learning. As the company grows, there will be plenty of opportunities and responsibilities surfacing that you can take on if you are interested.
- Comfort working with huge degrees of uncertainty. Our ideas frequently fail, and we have to start over from scratch, so being able to thrive in uncertainty and keep pushing for improvement is vital.
- Previous experience working remotely. You should be comfortable with starting and driving initiatives, making your own decisions, and working independently.
This is a paid, full-time role based remotely.