We’re looking for a passionate information designer to help us craft stories out of data by using design to amplify and clarify the message for our users. You will be designing visual information representations for qualitative and qualitative concepts that are scalable, flexible and adaptable for different communication situations. You will work alongside product teams to translate information design principles into product functionalities.
You will have an excellent background in graphic design, information design, data visualisation and complementary skills in conceptualising and designing visual stories. Alongside this, you will have a good overall grasp of digital design and an acute attention to detail. You will have experience across a mix of projects and broad portfolio you’re proud of that includes a range of outputs from print to static and interactive digital formats. The ideal candidate is looking to merge their design skills with storytelling and enjoys solving the problem of “How do I best convey interesting information & stories in a visually appealing, easy to understand manner”.
What you will be working on:
- Analyze and represent data to tell a clear story through data visualization and infographics.
- Solve data visualization and communications challenges in a variety of formats including infographics, charts, diagrams, maps and more.
- Taking charge and owning projects from idea/concept to delivery , particularly ensuring design excellence.
- Collaborate in ideation sessions and sketch concepts in high detail.
- Able to deliver a variety of art direction.
- Delivering projects on time, being resourceful with time allocated.
- Bringing thought leadership, inspiration and innovation in the area of information design to the company.
Who are we looking for:
- Strong experience with data visualization and information design principles, including the graphical display of quantitative information and illustrating qualitative concepts.
- Strong portfolio of producing a broad range of compelling information design, visual stories and interactive work across different audiences, topics and objectives.
- Outstanding analytical skills: ability to listen to complex ideas and distill them into easy to understand concepts.
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, or similar design tools.
- Proficient in Tableau, QilkSense, PowerBI, D3JS or similar data visualization tools.
- Experience using Excel / Spreadsheet software with an added bonus for experience with any of R/RStudio, SAS, MATLAB, Python etc to aid data-driven design.
- Strong handle on typography, layout, space, inherent feel for motion.
- Care about both business strategy and user needs.
- Enjoy organizing information.
- Relish the challenge of integrating words and visual design.
- Able to interact cross functionally in an enthusiastic and positive manner.
- Able to be independent to conceptualise and execute innovative approaches.
- Process-minded and organized, can manage multiple projects at once and tight deadlines while remaining calm, collected, and positive.
- Flexibility to work with design direction change and humble to receive feedback.
- A collaborative spirit and ability to see potential in a broad variety of content and stories.
- Penang, Malaysia
- Remote in SEA
- Remote in South America
Who are we?
We are transforming the visual storytelling space by delivering an effortless user experience in creating beautiful, professional grade visuals. By pushing the limits of what’s possible in technology and taking time to understand our users, Piktochart has empowered over 10 million users worldwide to visually communicate in ways that were not possible before!
The team that is behind Piktochart consists of 14 nationalities spread across 8 countries. Pair programming, mentorship, code reviews and group learning all form part of our daily lives and we consider it a privilege to continuously learn. The HOPEFUL values define our culture and inform our actions and decisions.