Piktochart is on a mission to redefine visual storytelling in a way that enables our end users to engage with their audience effectively. Although aesthetics play an important role in design, we need to always balance it with the end user experience to guide our users to their success without being overwhelmed or distracted, while keeping designs coherent and consistent across all projects. We’re currently looking for someone who is passionate in design and a great advocate for users that can help elevate Piktochart’s tools’ experience even further!
Your mission :
- Work closely with the Product Manager and cross-functional project team to create outstanding designs across Piktochart which adheres to our branding and design guidelines.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions or design sprints with the cross-functional project team in order to create the optimal solution by taking into consideration technical constraints and timeline for the project.
- Communicate your design ideas through use of various materials, like wireframes, flow diagrams, mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Iteratively improve the designs through design reviews, surveys, user interviews, or testing sessions.
- Track the success of your design by understanding the data and insights gathered.
- Make use of the Design System for design consistency, as well as continuously improving it.
- Research and study the effectiveness of UI or UX designs, design trends, best practices, and competitive landscape.
You offer :
- At least 3 years professional experience as a UI Designer or Product Designer, preferably on web/digital applications and in a cross-functional environment.
- A portfolio of successful projects which showcase your expertise in the design field incorporating user-centered design principles, usability, user experience, and design patterns.
- Passion for all aspects of user interface design and a keen eye for details.
- Passion for designing products with simple, intuitive experiences that delight customers, as well as experience in responsive design methodology.
- Experience in conducting user testing and user interview sessions in person or virtually.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch App or Adobe Photoshop, as well as wireframing or prototyping tools such as Balsamiq or InVision.
- Plus points if you have experience or understanding in programming languages (front-end or back-end), as well as mobile app application design or micro interaction design.
- Good command of English.
- Penang, Malaysia
- Remote in South East Asia
- Remote in Europe
Who are we?
We are transforming the visual storytelling space by delivering an effortless user experience in creating beautiful, professional grade visuals. By pushing the limits of what’s possible in technology and taking time to understand our users, Piktochart has empowered over 10 million users worldwide to visually communicate in ways that were not possible before!
The team that is behind Piktochart consists of 14 nationalities spread across 8 countries. Pair programming, mentorship, code reviews and group learning all form part of our daily lives and we consider it a privilege to continuously learn. The HOPEFUL values define our culture and inform our actions and decisions.