Piktochart’s marketing team is gearing up for an action-packed 2019 to 10x our content efforts. To reach our lofty goals, we’re adding an SEO Content Specialist to our distribution squad to help bring our new content experiences to new heights (search engine-wise and beyond). We’re looking for an SEO geek who believes that valuable, inspiring, and human-centric content should be at the core of every SEO strategy. We’re searching for someone who’ll bring visibility to every new piece of content we launch, and will also help us double the keywords Piktochart ranks top 10 for.
Bold goal? Sure.
Is it possible? Absolutely.
If this sounds like you, read on!
The ideal candidate has been submerged in the SEO world long enough to know how the search landscape has been changing and what’s needed to rank and drive traffic in 2019. You’re proactive, analytical, and live for getting into the nuts and bolts of SEO. You love coming up with actionable plans and have your execution mode constantly on. You’d ideally be an exceptionally strong communicator with experience working with remote teams, and you’re kind of militant when it comes to meeting deadlines and driving results.
- Conduct a comprehensive SEO audit and come up with an actionable plan for 2019 to double the amount of keywords Piktochart ranks top 10 for
- Create new landing pages for piktochart.com based on the chosen keywords and oversee the performance of the existing ones, further optimizing them (via interlinking, etc)
- Guide the content team in choosing the next topics for content pieces based on the priority list
- Oversee every content piece that is published, from the SEO perspective, making sure it’s well optimized for chosen terms
- Create a plan for optimizing our legacy blog content for higher rankings (via SERP rich snippets as one of the methods)
- Come up with recommendations and execute on the offsite SEO plan
- Come up with an easy way of tracking SEO progress from new landing pages, content pieces, and other SEO activities
- Report your progress on a monthly basis
- Educate the content team on the best SEO practices and create guidelines
- 3-5 years of experience in SEO and content-related roles
- Proven track record in the SEO scene - case studies are very welcome
- You know how search engines work, but you have also been adapting your frameworks to the new reality of search and know how to play within it
- You’re data driven and proficient with Google Analytics as well as Ahrefs, MOZ, SEMRush, or any other SEO tracking platform
- You’ve ideally worked with WordPress and one of its SEO plugins before and can work with Schema.org
- You can get technical, as in you’re not afraid of code and know where to look when pages have ranking issues
- You’re proficient in English, have excellent writing skills, and enjoy creating different kinds of content including landing pages or SERP snippets
- You’ve done SEO reporting before and know what to focus on
- You’re a strong communicator and enjoy working in an autonomous environment where you’re expected to be in the driver’s seat at all times
- HQ (Penang, Malaysia)
- Remote in South East Asia / Europe
Who are we?
We are transforming the visual storytelling space by delivering an effortless user experience in creating beautiful, professional grade visuals. By pushing the limits of what’s possible in technology and taking time to understand our users, Piktochart has empowered over 10 million users worldwide to visually communicate in ways that were not possible before!
The team that is behind Piktochart consists of 14 nationalities spread across 8 countries. Pair programming, mentorship, code reviews and group learning all form part of our daily lives and we consider it a privilege to continuously learn. The HOPEFUL values define our culture and inform our actions and decisions.