Besides having technical expertise and knowledge in the frontend domain, you are someone who is keen in leading and developing a team, as well as ensuring their execution and quality towards achieving the goals collectively.
You have the confidence and experience to make key decisions when it comes to technical direction or choices, and not afraid to take calculated risks. Following that, you are then able to plan, communicate, align, lead, and coach the frontend team towards the direction.
What you’ll do
Team and Culture
- Mentor and grow the team members to be both technically strong and culturally aligned
- Recruit talents who are excited and motivated about our mission and share our HOPEFUL values
- Frequent 1:1s and feedback to ensure the well-being of the team as well as their deliverables
- Evaluate the performance of the team
Front End Technology Stack
- Keep up with industry trends that can be leveraged for business impact
- Improve code quality and robustness
- Institute best practices and proper coding standards across the team through processes like code review, pair programming etc.
- Ensure proper documentation of the frontend codebase to ease onboarding and knowledge transfer between developers
Who you are
- Proven history of mentoring and developing others
- Able to work in a distributed team environment
- You think critically about your work and ask questions in order to improve the product, not only in its technical implementation but also in how well it’s serving the needs of our users
- You have built products and UI using modern web technologies and can point to your prior work
- You have the ability to understand the business impact of team’s decision and then rally the team to execute on them
- You have strong communication skills and are able to explain complex technical topics to the entire team in a clear and concise way
- You understand that behind any technical decision there is a business need to be fulfilled
- You love front-end technologies but also eager and able to dig into other areas of the product as needed
- You care about your team and their growth. You are focused on developing and growing the people to excel in their role.
- You have a strong desire to continuously improve
- You love to be challenged
- You care about the code you leave behind
- HQ, Penang, Malaysia
- Remote (Only consider who is based in South East Asia)
Who are we
We are transforming the visual storytelling space by delivering an effortless user experience in creating beautiful, professional grade visuals. By pushing the limits of what’s possible in technology and taking time to understand our users, Piktochart has empowered over 10 million users worldwide to visually communicate in ways that were not possible before!
The team that is behind Piktochart consists of 14 nationalities spread across 8 countries. Pair programming, mentorship, code reviews and group learning all form part of our daily lives and we consider it a privilege to continuously learn. The HOPEFUL values define our culture and inform our actions and decisions.