Technology advances at a blindingly fast pace, and what seemed like the best from a few months ago may well be obsolete today. Piktochart is always looking for ways to empower our users to be more creative and efficient in telling their stories visually. In order to do so, we need someone who is user-centric and always thinking from the user’s perspective, and execute projects together with a cross-functional team from diverse culture and background.
Piktochart is currently serving over 11 million users worldwide, and have inspired people across diverse industries to communicate their ideas more effectively through creative use of visuals. As such, your responsibility will be to inspire and lead the team to work towards bringing business impact in the relevant areas you're in charge of. You'll also need to make smart tradeoff between perfectionism and timely delivery in order to seize opportunities to iterate as we go. When all is said and done, we always celebrate our wins or even losses and arm ourselves with the learning to be leaner and smarter for the next project!
We’re currently looking for someone to lead the Piktochart product towards becoming an essential part of our users’ workflow and solving for their pain points to help them be more successful!
Your mission :
- Feature grooming - A process that the PM oversees to get the feature ready for development.
- Gather and write specs to communicate to the development team, and conduct independent research including contacting users as needed.
- Formulate goals and success metrics for the product/project that you oversee, and be accountable towards them.
- Prioritize and manage project deliverables to meet timeline with the team.
- Allocate resources within the team efficiently.
- Define the roadmap and vision for the team.
- Answerable to progress updates and timeline estimation and updates the company about why the projects are noteworthy. Includes a periodic update during weekly meeting.
- Act as a product evangelist inside the company (tell people why X product feature is needed, exciting, going to have a big impact, etc) and continue to over-communicate this.
- Highlight issues or bottlenecks when product development is not going as planned. Communicate with the Unity team on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate help and input from shared resources (e.g. Dev Ops, Data scientists, Marketers, etc.) who are not exclusive to your team, as well as involving respective Team Leaders where necessary.
You offer :
- 2+ years of experience in product management within a web product environment with experience in SaaS.
- Experience working within a cross-functional team comprising of developers and designers, as well as interfacing with various stakeholders.
- Able to work well with others and rally people around a single mission to reach the goals, no matter how challenging the task, while keeping everyone on track and accountable.
- A healthy obsession over users and always advocating for their success by translating their real needs into actionable problem statements.
- Ability to make the best decision in the user, product, and company's best interest, by balancing insights from several channels including qualitative and quantitative data, as well as intuition.
- Has a growth and experimental mindset, as well as not afraid to take calculated risks with ability to adapt to unexpected results or changes in an organized manner.
- Ability to reconcile a long-term product vision with a dynamic and iterative feature roadmap, which reflects learnings from experience and mistakes.
- Has the hunger and humility to learn, great communication skills, can think independently, good attention to details, passionate and believes in the mission of Piktochart.
- Penang, Malaysia