The team in charged of data analysis in Piktochart, surprisingly named the Data Team, is looking for an analyst.
As so, you will touch upon the multiple steps of analysis:
- define and help in structuring the extraction of data with respect to users’ privacy;
- ensure the constant quality of the data gathered by defining best practices and processes in data collection as well as investigating anomalies;
- turn ambiguous questions from the teams into clear analytical problems;
- lead the teams to the meaningful sources of data, extract information to support their decisions and design with them metrics to assess success.
The position offers the opportunity to work in a diverse environment. You will tackle questions about user engagement coming from teams as different as finance or UI/UX. You will also provide actionable leads to the engineering teams. Such a large set of topics will definitely challenge your habits and perception. You will learn about web technologies, some elements of design or, how UI/UX and marketing can be interrelated.
The team uses a rich set of tools for both extracting - SQL databases, BigQuery and Google Tag Manager - and analysing/sharing information - Google Data Studio, Apache Superset, Jupyter notebooks with Python and plot.ly (and, yes, Google Spreadsheets too). While data products are not our priority, we also use some machine learning techniques from time to time (clustering for example).
With the above in mind, we are expecting you to have:
- a solid background in mathematics, in particular statistics (possibly through a degree in an analytical field like computer science, mathematics or physics);
- 1 or 2 years of experience as a quantitative/data analyst or worked on significant data analysis projects;
- developed extensive skills in SQL with some understanding on the performance of queries;
- performed in-depth analyses on data of various types, both structured (financial data, reporting, etc) and unstructured (text) using Python or R;
- potentially tasted the management of Google Analytics tracking and Google Tag Manager;
- knowledge in designing meaningful reports and data visualizations;
While the above mainly deal with technical skills, we also very much value curiosity. We are looking for someone who will proactively dig into the teams questions and struggles, and make use of its knowledge to provide assistance to them.
- Penang / Kuala Lumpur / Ho Chi Minh
- Penang : Work in the HQ
- Kuala Lumpur / Ho Chi Minh : Work with the team in a co-working space
Who are we?
We are transforming the visual storytelling space by delivering an effortless user experience in creating beautiful, professional grade visuals. By pushing the limits of what’s possible in technology and taking time to understand our users, Piktochart has empowered over 10 million users worldwide to visually communicate in ways that were not possible before!
The team that is behind Piktochart consists of 14 nationalities spread across 8 countries. Pair programming, mentorship, code reviews and group learning all form part of our daily lives and we consider it a privilege to continuously learn. The HOPEFUL values define our culture and inform our actions and decisions.