Executive Assistant / Operations Associate
We're looking for an Executive Assistant / Operations Associate at our 20-person and rapidly growing startup! We're an ambitious, VC-backed, 20-person startup building the world's first platform for file fragments, unlocking the ability for creators to effortlessly save, easily find and precisely share smaller, more atomic pieces of their work.
Ideally you're someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys wearing different hats, and can support dynamic needs. You're proactive, intuitive, can think on your feet, lead with integrity and enjoy a challenge. You will report to and work closely with our founders.
This role is based in Pieces HQ in the OTR neighborhood in Cincinnati, Ohio. Pieces has team members across the world in San Francisco, Canada, Ireland, Spain, Poland and India.
What You'll Do
- Provide administrative support that allows the CEO and the team to best leverage their time and optimize productivity
- Proactively anticipate team needs
- Attend and prepare for meetings, take notes, track action items
- Manage the recruiting process from posting job descriptions, scheduling interviews, gathering feedback
- Manage new hire onboarding, ensuring they have the right equipment, access, etc., and have a positive onboarding experience
- Light finance support around managing our outsourced bookkeepers, running payroll, accounts payable
- Help build and improve processes and systems, such as hiring and new employee onboarding
- Manage daily office operations for meals, supplies, equipment, deliveries, etc.
- Help manage the search and move for a new office that can accommodate the growing team
- Source and coordinate with appropriate vendors
- Plan internal and external company events, including conferences, team offsites and celebrations, industry events, and more
- 2+ years of Executive Assistant/Office Manager experience or other equivalent experience
- An independent, creative thinker who is always two steps ahead, with an eye for detail
- An ability to execute in ambiguous situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly efficient and motivated
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, planning, and time management skills
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Experience with G-Suite and Notion
Nice to Have Attributes
- 1+ years in a startup environment with minimal structure
- Experience writing marketing copy, managing events and/or light website development
Our team is a diverse and ambitious tribe of developers, designers and dreamers seeking to fundamentally improve the work-in-progress journey for fellow creators and solve difficult problems with a 'figure it out' mentality. Pieces is headquartered in the OTR neighborhood in Cincinnati, Ohio, with team members in San Francisco, Canada, Ireland, Spain, Poland and India.
Learn more at https://code.pieces.app
We offer competitive salaries and benefits at Pieces, including medical, vision & dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. The requirements listed above are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job according to specific company requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mesh Intelligent Technologies, Inc. (d.b.a Pieces) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.