Pieces is looking for the founding member of its Content team.
Our first product is targeted at developers, and as such, our growth plan centers around creating content that resonates and brings value to those developers. Blog posts, sample apps, talks, contributions to the community, you name it – we want to meet our developers where they’re at.
We want to write about how to use Pieces to solve common and frequent problems, but we also try to be genuinely helpful—and sometimes that means writing about Flutter, Firestore, Dart, edge device models or Kubernetes. We have the opportunity to improve the daily workflow for developers and teams of developers, and this role will help champion and articulate that story.
You’ll be responsible for researching and creating high-quality developer-focused content as well as engaging developer communities. You’ll work with our growth and engineering teams to establish our perspectives and bring them to life across a variety of mediums and channels (e.g. forums, YouTube).
Who you are
Ideally you are technical with a marketer's mind, with great instincts on what makes developers tick. You can create content that conveys interesting use cases and stories, write about our product and its ecosystem (Flutter, Dart, Firebase, etc.), and connect with developers in a way that is authentic, compelling, and useful to the audience.
In this role, you'll:
- Create content to educate, engage, and help developers related to Pieces and the technical ecosystem around Pieces
- Collaborate with different teams, guest authors, customers and content partners to come up with topic ideas
- See content all the way through production, publishing, and social distribution
- Help identify speaking opportunities and conference sponsorships, hackathons, and other opportunities to reach more developers with content
- Research and report on trends in software — from internal tools to languages, frameworks and databases — and share Piece’s perspective in ways that add value and drive conversations for developers
- Contribute technical review to various marketing initiatives and content — from product launches to tweets, and serve as marketing’s very candid consultant on keeping things—from voice and tone to copy and images—developer-friendly
- You are technical. You might be a developer, but it's most important that you understand topical concepts and are comfortable with code, developer tools and developer workflow.
- You have experience with and enjoy engaging with developers
- You have samples of published written or spoken developer-focused content
- You are creative, nimble, and focused. You love to learn and grow
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. The requirements listed above are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job according to specific company requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits at Pieces, including medical, vision & dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy.
Mesh Intelligent Technologies, Inc. (d.b.a Pieces) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.