Coordinator, Impact Strategy
Full Time Employment
Base Salary: $45-52k
Reporting to: Director of Strategy and Impact, Picture Motion
COORDINATOR, IMPACT STRATEGY
Picture Motion, award-winning social impact agency for film and entertainment, is looking for someone who is ready to take on fast-paced, dynamic and incredibly rewarding work with the world’s best storytellers. If you are someone who believes that film and tv, when paired with the right campaign, can truly create change, then we want you. We are looking for an experienced candidate with a passion for partnerships, connection, entertainment, and impact.
The Coordinator will serve as a liaison between issue area experts, non-profit organizations, movement leaders and studios, content creators, and other clients in order to inform and help implement a film’s impact campaign. Based on these relationships, the coordinator will assist in creating and executing marketing, audience development, and advocacy strategies and will be responsible for effective and efficient project and client management.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development and implementation of impact campaigns for specific clients, reporting to Director of Strategy & Impact
- Support the development and implementation of specific impact initiatives within an impact campaign
- Work with client and campaign lead to confirm campaign goals, target audience and impact initiatives
- Support the development and maintenance of key materials (Impact Strategy deliverables, research briefs, campaign timelines)
- Support campaign research efforts
- Create research and issue area briefs as needed
- Delegate research and campaign support needs to intern and contractors
- Ensure campaign materials are of the highest quality
- Support internal brainstorms with other team members around campaign initiatives
- Help create initiative overview documents outlining e goals, KPIs, Workback schedules (WBS), etc.
- Support the development and implementation for campaign partnerships in order to meet impact campaign and client goals
- Research and develop target potential partner lists
- Support management of list growth and maintenance
- Ensure partnership documents are up to date and client ready
- Support and in some cases lead/co-lead partnership outreaches and conversations
- Support the development and implementation of partner based campaign initiatives
- Set and track KPIs for partnerships
- Develop relationships with leading nonprofit organizations and issue area leaders
- Regularly update campaign partners and help manage their expectations
Admin & Industry
- Attend industry events/webinars as needed
- Take and share notes from calls
- Help create first drafts of call agendas and weekly reports
- Represent Picture Motion on social channels
- Participate in company meetings
- Participate in Impact Strategy focused meetings
- Participate in campaign brainstorms
- Support general office administration
- 1-2 years experience in a relevant field
- Extremely organized and loves spreadsheets
- Strong people/interpersonal skills
- Great listener and wonderful communicator
- Creative, strategic thinker and problem solver
- Tirelessly pursues and exceeds goals
- Enjoys research
- Basic computer skills (gmail, google docs)
- College grad or equivalent in work experience/skills training
What Success Looks Like
- Your campaigns make noticeable or measurable social impact
- You develop a great list of non-profit leaders, activists, and issue area experts with whom you have strong relationships
- The partnerships database is very organized and easy for anyone to access
- The campaign partners enjoy working with you
- Clients love the partners you brought to their film
- Campaign goals were met thanks to your partnerships
- Clients want to work with Picture Motion again because of your work
- Great case studies are made from your campaigns
- The impact campaign receives press or industry attention
Benefits & Additional Information
- Evenings and weekends will be required on an as-needed basis
- 10 days paid time off (plus one additional day for every year with the company)
- Approximately 11 additional paid holidays per year
- 2 civic engagement days per year
- Unlimited mental and physical health days
- Two week leave policy
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible work location options
- Internal company culture initiatives
- Optional commuter benefits (NYC)
- Full List of Benefits Here
Picture Motion is dedicated to equity, diversity, and inclusion. While we have outlined ideal candidates, we are open to a range of diverse experiences and past careers, and will provide mentorship, training, and leadership programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all - regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status - to apply.
About Picture Motion
Mission: Support storytellers in their mission to create social and cultural impact.
About: At PicMo we believe that stories can change the world, and we work hard to make sure they do. We’re an award-winning impact agency for film and media. We work with filmmakers, studios, and networks to amplify awareness, create conversations, and drive engagement, all with the goal of expanding and activating audiences.
With team members across the country, we provide unmatched industry experience, services, and access. This powerful combination allows us to effectively handle all aspects of an impact campaign, from strategy and planning, to project management and implementation. Tactics can include impact strategy, partnership development, grassroots screening tours, impact events, and online engagement.
Recent Work: https://picturemotion.com/work
Culture & Values:
- The power of story.
- Measuring stories with stories; change is not a number.
- A story can expose, inform, compel, and inspire, but it’s up to audiences to take action.
- We work with films we believe in. Strong, inclusive, well-told, character driven stories that entertain and inspire; films that drive empathy, connection, open minds, and resonate with audiences of any size.
- Films often amplify and illuminate existing issues, and highlight issue area leaders actively working towards solutions.
- The power of a small group of people.
- Everyone has the capacity to take action in some way.
- We believe a film does not need to speak to everyone but it must speak to people who have the power to create change.
- The power of conversation.
- The quality of an experience over the quantity of events.
- Only working with clients who are human first. Respect is a two way street.
- Developing real partnerships. Support goes both ways.
- The idea of strategic idealism: focusing on the end goal, envisioning change, then creating a thoughtful plan to make it happen.
- Transparency is important. We are a progressive company and are passionate and forthcoming about our beliefs.
- The entertainment industry we’re a part of can at times be angry, loud, and hazardous, but we can use it for revolutionary change.
- We have a strong sense of integrity, humanity, bravery, and dedication to the work, the client, and the issue.
- We embrace these values and let them inform and shape our culture because we believe stories can change the world, and we work hard to make sure they do.
Recent and current clients include Amazon Studios, CNN, EPIX, HBO Max, Hulu, National Geographic, Netflix, Participant Media, Showtime, Viacom, and WarnerMedia, as well as award winning filmmakers. We’ve had the honor of working on films by Garret Bradley, Bonnie Cohen and Jon Shenk, Ramona S. Diaz, Judd Ehrlich, Andrea Nix Fine & Sean Fine, Liz Garbus, Matt Heineman, John Hoffman, James Keach, Smriti Keshari, Brett Morgan, Lynn Novak, Questlove, Sophie Sartain, Janet Tobias, Lucy Walker, and Roger Ross Williams.
Brand social impact clients include films by Dick’s Sporting Goods, Ford, Johnson & Johnson, Juniper Systems, Patagonia, Procter & Gamble, Red Bull, and Whole Foods.
Recent titles include: 13TH; All In: The Fight for Democracy; American Veteran; Athlete A; Becoming Cousteau; The Cave; City So Real; Exterminate All the Brutes; FAUCI; Free Solo; I Am Greta; An Inconvenient Sequel; Jane; LFG; LION; One Child Nation; The Price of Freedom; Punch 9 for Harold Washington; The Report; Simple As Water; Summer of Soul; Time; A Thousand Cuts; True Justice: Bryan Stevenson’s Fight For Equality; Won’t You Be My Neighbor.