Director of Campaigns & Partnerships Engagement
Full Time Employment
Location: Flexible / Remote
Base Salary: $90- 100k
Reporting to: COO and CEO, Picture Motion
DIRECTOR OF CAMPAIGNS & PARTNERSHIP ENGAGEMENT
Picture Motion, award-winning social impact agency for film and entertainment, is looking for someone who is ready to take on fast-paced, dynamic and incredibly rewarding work with the world’s best storytellers. If you are someone who believes that film and tv, when paired with the right campaign, can truly create change, then we want you. We are looking for an experienced candidate with a passion for partnerships, connection, entertainment, and impact.
The Director of Campaigns & Partnership Engagement will lead our impact campaign work and will report directly to the COO and CEO. This individual has established excellence in campaigning, client services, and organizing partners and communities at all levels. They have knowledge of mapping movements and political landscapes and the ability to assess which methods of strategy will be most effective. They have a proven track record of building partnerships and alliances, and an understanding of how communities, institutions and movements have worked to deliver tangible change. They will foster a culture based on accountability and exceptional quality of work and act as a community connector, activating audiences and pushing for progressive change. The Director understands and communicates the political landscape and movement context of a particular issue area and how that can best support a campaign strategy. The Director leads strategy development for our campaigns and organizes work, external engagement and communications, builds powerful coalitions for change, and influences decision-makers.
Our clients range from new voices in independent filmmaking, podcasts, mixed media and music festivals to the biggest studios, so we are looking for someone who can thrive in working with both creatives and corporations. This person is adaptable, an excellent multitasker, and a critical thinker. You must be committed to social justice while understanding how to work within larger institutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Campaigns & Advocacy
- Develop and oversee effective campaign strategies that can support our clients campaigns and involve a range of partners at all levels.
- Lead on delivering these strategies, ensuring that individual programs and projects are aligned with our theory of change, seek to build effective alliances and have tangible impact and influence.
- Provide expertise and guidance for colleagues in building effective campaign and advocacy tools and approaches into their work.
- Lead on building the advocacy of the Picture Motion network CRM and provide support to colleagues in using effective approaches to engage the database on a particular campaign.
Organizing & Movement Building
- Direct and oversee organizing & movement building work for campaigns, including mobilizing partners around common goals at key campaign moments to create impact.
- Lead our campaign and partnership team and external partners and allies to develop mobilizing strategies.
- Ensure we engage the people most impacted by the changes we seek in the development of impact strategy goals.
- Build the capacity of our organizers to work with a wide range of groups and organizations to build support for our work.
External Engagement & Communications
- Develop close working relationships with clients, funders and partners.
- Act as a campaign client lead on assigned projects and lead calls, send weekly reports, and serve as the day-to-day point of contact.
- Be a leading voice and advocate externally for Picture Motion.
- Build and engage Picture Motions’s network of partners and supporters at the national, regional and local level to create powerful alliances for change.
- Support the leadership team, particularly in their roles devising, developing and implementing communications strategies for Picture Motion’s work.
- Work with Leadership and marketing teams to ensure that our external communication is aligned with and supports our advocacy and campaigning strategies for the organization and across our campaigns.
- Alongside staff, hold strategic relationships on Picture Motion’s behalf and manage relationships with senior stakeholders in key organizations and foundations.
Organizational Leadership & Operations
- Lead colleagues in successfully advocating, campaigning and organizing for Picture Motion’s mission.
- Bring forward new ideas and build connections with our networks and clients.
- Play a visible leadership role at Picture Motion and participate actively in meetings.
- Ensure the effective operation of Picture Motion’s campaign and partnership team and keep in line with our policies and values, and the wellbeing of our colleagues.
- Manage and motivate your team and empower them to be successful in serving clients and partners.
- Manage direct reports
- Support your team in their own professional development
- Set team goals and project manage your team to reach them
- Lead weekly check-ins with your team
- Check in once a month with your direct reports in how you can best support them
- Facilitate bi-annual reviews
- Communicate and enforce top-down processes and key info
- Support operations team by forecasting work allocation to best meet campaign and impact goals.
- Ensure campaigns are on time, on budget and meet established KPIs.
- Read, edit and contribute to proposals for new projects.
- As needed, preview potential projects and evaluate their potential for impact.
- Brainstorm unique campaign ideas to include in proposals.
- Understand team commitments and adjust proposed timelines or flag challenges as necessary.
- 5-7 years experience in social impact entertainment, media strategy, non-profit and or advocacy work, or a related field at the intersection of social activism and media
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Have worked with at least 3 direct reports
- Experience in independent film distribution, grassroots screenings or impact producing
- Strong relationship-building, facilitation and influencing skills and strong communication and client service skills
- The ability to set standards, provide guidance, and create and maintain processes to support colleagues to deliver work to a consistently high standard, highly organized and data-driven
- Must be able to attend (digital and/or in-person when deemed safe) screenings and events happening after work and on weekends when applicable
- Agency experience is a plus
- Sense of humor and fun to work with a big plus
- Must believe in the power of story to create social change
Benefits & Additional Information
- Evening and weekend will be required on an as-needed basis
- 10 days paid time off (plus one day for every year with the company)
- Approximately 11 additional paid holidays per year
- 2 civic engagement days per year
- Unlimited mental and physical health days
- Two week leave policy
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, vision, & life insurance benefits
- Flexible work location options
- Internal company culture initiatives
- Optional commuter benefits (NYC)
- Full List of Benefits Here
Picture Motion is dedicated to equity, diversity, and inclusion. While we have outlined ideal candidates, we are open to a range of diverse experiences and past careers and will provide mentorship, training, and leadership programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all - regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status - to apply.
About Picture Motion
Mission: Support storytellers in their mission to create social and cultural impact.
About: At PicMo we believe that films can change the world, and we work hard to make sure they do. We’re an award-winning impact agency for film and media. We work with filmmakers, studios, and networks to amplify awareness, create conversations, and drive engagement, all with the goal of expanding and activating audiences.
With team members across the country, we provide unmatched industry experience, services and access. This powerful combination allows us to effectively handle all aspects of an impact campaign, from strategy & planning to project management and implementation. Tactics can include impact strategy, partnership development, grassroots screening tours, impact events and online engagement.
Recent Work: https://picturemotion.com/work
Recent and current clients include: National Geographic, EPIX, Amazon Studios, Participant Media, Showtime, Amazon Studios, Hulu, and Netflix, as well as award winning filmmakers. We’ve had the honor of working on films by Garret Bradley, Smriti Keshari, Matt Heineman, Ramona S. Diaz, Sophie Sartain, Bonnie Cohen and Jon Shenk, Brett Morgan, JR, James Keach, Lucy Walker, Lynn Novak, and Roger Ross Williams
Brand social impact clients include films by: Patagonia, Juniper Systems, Johnson & Johnson, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Red Bull, Ford, and Whole Foods
Recent titles include: Time, Athlete A, True Justice: Bryan Stevenson’s Fight For Equality, The Cave, All In: The Fight for Democracy, One Child Nation, A Thousand Cuts, City So Real, The Report, Won’t You Be My Neighbor, Free Solo, Jane, 13TH, LION, and An Inconvenient Sequel