Project Manager, Operations
Full Time Employment
Base Salary: $55k
Reporting to: COO, Picture Motion
Picture Motion, award-winning social impact agency for film and entertainment, is looking for someone who is ready to take on fast-paced, dynamic and incredibly rewarding work with the world’s best storytellers. If you are someone who believes that film and tv, when paired with the right campaign, can truly create change, then we want you. We are looking for an experienced project manager with a passion for technology, entertainment, and impact.
The Project manager will serve as a cross-departmental liaison between our services, business development, and operations teams. They will foster a culture based on accountability and exceptional quality of work. Our clients range from new voices in independent filmmaking, podcasts, mixed media and music festivals to the biggest studios, so we are looking for someone who can thrive in working with both creatives and corporations. This person is adaptable, an excellent multitasker, and a critical thinker. You must be committed to social justice, while understanding how to work within larger institutions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with department heads and leadership team to ensure staff works together efficiently and effectively cross-department on campaigns
- Be a proactive manager to direct reports and fellow campaign staff, always reinforcing and inspiring a supportive work environment
- Work closely with campaign leads to delegate weekly campaign and operational tasks to fellow campaign staff in order to meet deadlines and weekly to-do’s.
- Lead daily/weekly stand-ups and meetings
- Set up formal reviews with campaign leads, department heads or leadership to receive final sign off of all materials internal and external for managed campaigns demonstrating attention to detail, accuracy, and quality control to ensure all deliverables are error-free.
- Work with department managers in supporting and evaluating employee performance in regards to utilization and time management across projects. This may include weighing in and/or participating in biannual employee performance reviews,
- Support the campaign lead on calls, send weekly reports, and serve as day to day point of contact and be client facing when necessary.
- Develop close working relationships with clients and adapt and respond to the unique needs of clients.
Project Management & Operations
- Hands-on with both internal and client projects on a day-to-day basis, from forecasting staffing utilization, managing multiple work streams, and preparing contracts, to high-level department and company operations development.
- Responsible for the success of social impact campaigns, measuring and monitoring campaign roles and responsibilities of staff, reporting client happiness, quality of work, and the efficiency of the project.
- Create and maintain long-and short term project plans, including setting targets for milestones and project timelines, adhering to deadlines, budget, KPIs and allocating resources per campaign using project management software like Asana.
- Ensure all team members have the necessary information and resources to carry out their tasks effectively in the form of a project brief or presentation for internal and external kick off meetings.
- Communicate, and monitor the progress of project timelines and tracking project deliverables in weekly internal meetings.
- Meet with individual team members to give actionable feedback and troubleshoot project challenges.
- Managing campaign & employee utilization:
- Allocate project resources and monitor team’s work time and timesheets on a daily and weekly basis, utilizing Harvest and Forecast resourcing programs.
- Lead a weekly utilization meeting with department heads and leadership team.
- Project Reporting:
- Manage the creation of wrap reports + campaign close-out documents and procedures.
- Evaluate and assess project results by leading project retrospectives, finalization of campaign summaries and close out tasks.
- Produce Monthly and Quarterly burn reports of staff utilization and billability.
- Be an exemplary user of mandatory company systems such as Asana, Streak, Harvest, Forecast, Google Suite, etc.
- Test out new efficiency systems and technology.
- Support the client pitch process when applicable.
- Support building timelines, staffing plans and budgets.
- Draft statements of work.
- 1-3 years experience
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Experience in independent film distribution, grassroots screenings or impact producing
- Strong communication and client service skills
- Highly organized and data driven
- Must be able to attend (digital and/or in-person when deemed safe) screenings and events happening after work and on weekends when applicable
- Agency experience a plus
- Sense of humor and fun to work with a big plus
- Must believe in the power of story to create social change
Benefits & Additional Information
- Evenings and weekends will be required on an as-needed basis
- 10 days paid time off (plus one day for every year with the company)
- Approximately 11 additional paid holidays per year
- 2 civic engagement days per year
- Unlimited mental and physical health days
- Two week leave policy
- 100% coverage of Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance benefits
- Flexible work location options
- Internal company culture initiatives
- Optional commuter benefits (NYC)
- Full List of Benefits Here
Picture Motion is dedicated to equity, diversity, and inclusion. While we have outlined ideal candidates, we are open to a range of diverse experiences and past careers and will provide mentorship, training, and leadership programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all - regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status - to apply.
About Picture Motion
At PicMo we believe that films can change the world, and we work hard to make sure they do. We’re an award-winning impact agency for film and media. We work with filmmakers, studios, and networks to amplify awareness, create conversations, and drive engagement, all with the goal of expanding and activating audiences.
With team members across the country, we provide unmatched industry experience, services and access. This powerful combination allows us to effectively handle all aspects of an impact campaign, from strategy & planning to project management and implementation. Tactics can include impact strategy, partnership development, grassroots screening tours, impact events and online engagement.
Recent and current clients include National Geographic, EPIX, Amazon Studios, Participant Media, Showtime, Amazon Studios, Hulu, and Netflix, as well as award winning filmmakers. We’ve had the honor of working on films by Garret Bradley, Smriti Keshari, Matt Heineman, Ramona S. Diaz, Sophie Sartain, Bonnie Cohen and Jon Shenk, Brett Morgan, JR, James Keach, Lucy Walker, Lynn Novak, and Roger Ross Williams.
Brand social impact clients include films by Patagonia, Juniper Systems, Johnson & Johnson Dick’s Sporting Goods, Red Bull, Ford, and Whole Foods.
Recent titles include: Time, Athlete A, True Justice: Bryan Stevenson’s Fight For Equality, The Cave, All In: The Fight for Democracy, One Child Nation, A Thousand Cuts, City So Real, The Report, Won’t You Be My Neighbor, Free Solo, Jane, 13TH, LION, An Inconvenient Sequel.