Picture Motion is an Award-winning impact agency for film and entertainment. We develop and implement effective impact campaigns that maximize the power of your films to ignite progressive change.
Ideal candidates will be passionate about social change, film and the issues that our films tackle. Desired applicants must have demonstrated experience and interest in documentary film marketing, social media, social action/activism, nonprofit work or grassroots movement building. Previous experience in film marketing, social media, and/or PR is a plus.
Picture Motion works on films that deal with criminal justice reform, LGBTQ rights, women’s reproductive rights, climate change and more. See the films section of our website picturemotion.com for more.
Must be able to commit to a minimum of 15-18 hours a week for a minimum of 12 weeks.
Job duties vary, but may include:
- Research into potential partners and screening hosts
- General office administrative support (i.e. answering phones, preparing for meetings)
- Support screening tour campaign management (i.e. inbox management, disc fulfillment)
- Develop campaign educational resources (i.e. post-film discussion guides and ‘take action’ guides)
- Drafting and/or editing blogs, social media posts, newsletters, and website
- Interest or experience in research and marketing for films
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Customer service experience
- Social media savvy
You will learn the following:
- How to build grassroots marketing campaigns and outreach strategies
- How films are distributed in a non-theatrical way
- How to develop creative partnerships
- How to measure impact