About Picture Motion:
Picture Motion is an award-winning impact agency for film and media. We work with filmmakers, studios, foundations, brands and networks to amplify awareness, create conversations, and drive engagement, all with the goal of expanding and activating audiences.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles and Washington DC, we provide unmatched industry experience, services and access. This powerful combination allows us to effectively handle all aspects of an impact campaign, from strategy & planning to project management and implementation. Tactics can include impact strategy, partnership development, grassroots screening tours, impact events and online engagement.
In short, we believe that films can change the world. And we work hard to make sure they do.
About the job:
Our Impact Distribution department handles non-theatrical, community-oriented screening tours for Picture Motion clients. We are looking for a rockstar manager to join the team. The manager will be responsible for overseeing grassroots screening tour campaigns and ensuring their overall success, including managing campaign coordinators and interns and reporting to company leadership. Ideal candidates will be passionate about social change, film and media, and the social justice issues that our projects tackle.
Job duties include:
- Monitor and manage overall screening campaign performance, including audience outreach strategy, timeline and budget; report on all assigned projects and campaigns to department and company heads
- Oversee coordinator(s) and interns, delegate tasks to meet deadlines and ensure campaign effectiveness
- Manage high level partnerships and strategic initiatives within a campaign
- Lead development of key campaign materials, including discussion guides, outreach pitches, marketing toolkits, etc.
- Represent the company at client and industry events, participate in company brainstorms and weekly meetings, and represent the company on social media as needed
Job requirements include:
- Ability to manage a campaign team, and communicate effectively with leadership and direct reports on a campaign
- Ability to manage the campaign process from beginning (client kickoff call) to end (final evaluation and reporting)
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and identify solutions to basic campaign challenges
- Attention to detail in the creation and presentation of client-facing work
- Self motivation and a willingness to learn
How We Will Know You’re Awesome at the Job (aka success metrics):
- You develop a great list of target screening hosts that match the target audience of the film
- The screening host database is very organized and easy for anyone to access
- The screening hosts enjoyed working with you
- Client’s loved the hosts you were able to bring to their film
- Campaign goals were met thanks to your outreach efforts
- The client wants to work with Picture Motion again because of your work
- A great case study was made on this campaign
- The impact campaign receives some press or industry attention
Things Your Friends Say About You (aka your skills and qualifications):
- Extremely organized and loves spreadsheets
- Loves creating systems and processes, always optimizing
- Great listener, and wonderful communicator
- Easy to get along with and enjoys working with other people
- Strong people/interpersonal Skills
- Got the basic computer skills down (including Gsuite apps like gmail, google sheets, google docs)
- Down to travel to New York occasionally
- College grad or equivalent work experience/skills training
- 100% coverage of Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited Mental and Physical Health days
- 10 days paid time off, plus 1 day for each year with the company
- Minimum 10 Federal Holiday closures
- Work remotely policy
- Flexible work location options
- Two paid lunches per week
- Wine Thursdays
- Summer Friday schedule
To apply: To be considered, you must include both a cover letter and resume by the application deadline June 30, 2019.