Boston-based company Piaggio Fast Forward Inc. (PFF) was founded in 2015 by the Piaggio Group (the Italian manufacturer that created the iconic Vespa scooter). We are on a mission to build technology products that move the way that people move. In order to bring products to market today, PFF is solving the problem of robotic interaction with people in dynamically changing environments. We’re innovators, neighbors and creators with a passion for local living and pushing the limits on urban transportation. We support a sustainable mobility ecology with healthy lifestyles and social connectivity available to all, regardless of age or abilities.
Piaggio Fast Forward is looking for a mobile engineer with a history of delivering engaging mobile applications, deep understanding of software development principles, and strong operational experience with both native and hybrid mobile development. You’ll be part of a software development team that is working directly with the cloud development team and design staff in building mobile solutions. Responsibilities will include working with our program manager to develop mobile applications for a wide variety of physical products.
- Work to improve and add new feature sets to existing mobile consumer applications
- Be involved in all aspects of the development process from inception to deployment
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and international stakeholders
- Implement applications in an effective and scalable way
- Mentor your team through pair programming, productive code reviews, problem solving and participation in technical discussions
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good coding practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing, and review practices
- 5+ years of experience developing and releasing mobile applications for Android and iOS devices
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, software engineering or related discipline
- Experience with native Android and iOS development
- Experience with hybrid mobile development solutions, such as react-native, is a plus
- Experience developing mobile applications that communicate with Bluetooth peripherals
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Intrinsically motivated and enjoy exploring new ideas in pursuit of the best solution to a challenge
- Proactive team player, with exceptional time and people management skills
- Practice secure software development fundamentals and follow trends in the security fields
- Experience with Github, Confluence & JIRA is a plus
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.
Commitment to Diversity
We strive to create a workforce that embraces every culture, language, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, background and experience. PFF has multiple DEI programs in place for our employees; including a mentorship program, regular pay equity audits, DEI training, and a standardized interviewing framework that is focused on "culture add". These programs support an equitable and inclusive workplace, that promote the growth, retention, and recruiting of women and BIPOC in the workplace.
Note: Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed we encourage you to apply. Think of it more as looking for some of the items listed, not all.