We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with at least seven years’ experience in analog or mixed-signal design. You will be responsible for leading the electrical design, iteration, bring-up, and mass production of mixed signal consumer and enterprise products shipping at scale. You will join a team of three talented electrical engineers with various specializations working closely with our CTO to design cutting edge analog circuits. You will have the opportunity to influence all aspects of product design and development on future products as well as take immediate ownership of key systems on in-progress programs.
The ideal candidate is technically strong, able to drive projects forward individually, but also thrives in a highly collaborative engineering environment. You are open to new ideas and feedback on your designs from your colleagues. Similarly, you’re willing to share your ideas and suggestions with others. You are happy to work closely with colleagues with different backgrounds including firmware, mechanical engineering, and even marketing to ensure a holistically successful product launch.
- Design and iterate on layout and schematics.
- Complete mixed signal schematic capture and layout
- Bring-up and test new circuits in the lab.
- Work collaboratively with other EE’s, firmware, and mechanical engineers to integrate and bring up subsystems.
- Create detailed test plans for use in the factory.
- Work with vendors and/or our CM to troubleshoot BOM changes.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Skills:
- BS and/or MS in Electrical Engineering.
- 7+ years’ experience working with electrically complex hardware products.
- Comfortable with operating standard electrical lab equipment (e.g. oscilloscope).
- Proven track record of successful end to end product development.
- Experience in working with firmware group.
- Experience in Altium and related products.
- Clear, energetic communicator.
- Loves to work in a team.
- Competitive salary with equity plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401K Savings Plan
- 4 weeks paid time off policy + 7 bank holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Weekly team lunch
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, and ice cream
- Quarterly team events
Spansive started in a storage closet at MIT, but we are now funded by Foundry Group, Uncork Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank. Our team is building the first wireless power system for phones, wearables & e-readers at scale.
We've built a diverse, collaborative, hands on, and communicative team that works well together and would love to hire someone that continues to foster this environment for our team.
Our office is located beside YouTube in San Bruno, CA and is accessible by BART, Caltrain, and car (20 min to SF, 40 min to SJ on 280).