The Help Desk Technician provides frontline support to internal users via telephone, email and web requests. This position acts in the capacity of a managed services/help desk environment. The role must be able to properly identify problems, research solutions, and resolve the issues or escalate to other technical staff.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Physicians with an excellent service experience by consistently (1) supporting the Company’s goals and mission, (2) following all Company policies and procedures, (3) providing quality customer service, and (4) following safety standards in performing all aspects of the functions below.
- Ability to assess problems and prioritize response. Familiarity with industry standard troubleshooting practices required.
- Correctly document and maintain all requests for service to ensure a timely and acceptable resolution.
- Day-to-day operational support tasks include customer services, reporting, execution of scheduled system and device management, and deployment of new equipment to users.
- Administration of internal IT environment including monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting all networking and infrastructure components.
- Maintain internal network documentation.
- Perform day to day network administration functions such as account creation, password changes, etc.
- Assume ultimate maintenance and support responsibilities for internal computers, phones, and business critical systems.
- Periodic remote office dispatch may be required in additional to completing other duties as assigned by IT Manager.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
- Ability to manage incoming helpdesk calls, log all calls and assign to Tier 1 and 2 as needed.
- General knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2 including Active Directory.
- Messaging and collaboration experience utilizing Exchange (2003, 2007, and 2010).
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Desktop platforms (Windows 7, Windows 8) and Microsoft Office.
- An understanding of LAN/WAN network infrastructure including TCP/IP.
- Security experience including antivirus, spyware, SPAM management.
• 1-3 years related experience in IT and working in a customer service role.
• Ability to travel locally 25%.
• Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills, with the ability to explain technical terms to end users.
• Able to use online resources (Google, TechNet, etc.) to complete troubleshooting process.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting (up to 50lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, pushing, pulling, climbing and walking.