We are currently looking for an Internal Radiology SME for our Northwestern Suburbs Clinics!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Assists the practitioner with examinations, procedures, and other duties. Responsible for assessing, screening and triaging patients and for maintaining medical records. Limited administration of medications per training designation.
- Responsible for patient call backs; scheduling physician referrals; obtaining insurance information for specialist’s referrals and pharmacy issues, patient’s education and maintaining finalized radiologist dictation reports.
- Responsible for preparing exam rooms, decontamination of equipment, and stocking of supplies.
- Collects and documents vital signs. Collects and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis. Assesses and properly handles lab results.
- Attends facility in-services and required staff trainings and meetings.
- Responsible for performing accurate routine x-rays that assist with patient diagnosis. Must practice radiation safety precautions to maintain the lowest levels of radiation exposure dose for both technician and the patient.
- Responsible for preparing and sending over-reads & Radiologist readings, as well as reporting the over-read results to providers and incorporating into the patient medical records.
- Oversees Radiology Compliance for the Radiologic Technologists and Radiology equipment, within region. Acting Radiology Safety Manager to assume annual Radiation Safety in-services and quizzes for regional staff members.
- Respond to technical questions from CGM/CA’s including outside of scheduled hours.
- Must be able to travel to all clinics within home region to perform auditing function.
- Coordinates training with designated Mentor at each Clinic for new hire training and remedial training for employees needing additional instruction.
- Responsible for processes such as reports, transfer sheets, imaging/protocol issues, and fracture letters.
- Must abide by all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices.