We are currently looking for full-time Senior Accountant out of our Des Plaines or Rockford office who can:
- Prepare and post journal entries throughout the month
- Assist with daily cash management and treasury functions
- Participate in the monthly financial statement close process, ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely
- Prepare, review and analyze balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with the development of month-end and year-end financial statements
- Assist the monthly variance analysis and commentary
- Assist with audits and preparing appropriate audit work papers
- Assist in the annual budget process
- Identify unusual and/or infrequent transactions and research and recommend the appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with GAAP
- Continuous-improvement focused with an attention to business processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Perform special projects as needed
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting position – public accounting experience preferred
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, principles, practices, and regulations, including GAAP compliance
- Strong understanding of requirements and best practices for documenting account reconciliations, work papers and financial statement disclosures
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to develop new approaches
- Curious nature and willingness to dig deep to identify issues and then solve problems
- Experience in a multi-site/location, high volume retail or healthcare services environment strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting controls, processes and systems.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced proficiency with Excel, required. Experience with Microsoft Great Plains/Dynamics is a plus
Salary is $65,000-$70,000 annually!