POSITION SUMMARY: The HR Business Partner supports clinic leadership as an ambassador for cultural consistency, an expert in managing and retaining top talent, and a specialist in workplace legal compliance.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all internal and external customers of Physicians Immediate Care with an excellent service experience by consistently (1) supporting the Company’s goals and mission, (2) following all Company policies and procedures, (3) providing quality customer service, and (4) following safety standards in performing all aspects of the functions below.
- Acts as business partner to clinic leadership within region and assists with strategy development to increase productivity, HR legal compliance and statistical results.
- Daily involvement with operational or business leadership in executing strategies and tactical plans.
- Executes strategies to manage performance and retain key employees.
- Regularly visits clinics within assigned region and provides information and assessment to leadership.
- Provide and execute effective HR solutions to resolve complex employment issues or mitigate business risk exposure in the region.
- Partner with other leaders to ensure appropriate balance and consistency between local solutions and companywide practices
Employee Relations / Advisory Services
- Creates and takes accountability for a consistently positive work environment that increases productivity, decreases unwanted turnover and enhances the patient experience.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues and practices; give support when needed (i.e. sit in on coaching sessions, assist in the documentation of counseling forms).
- Helps introduce or explain new or revised HR policies; new State or Federal laws and new or revised procedures within assigned region.
- Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations. Use information to coach supervisors and devise programs for training, increased retention, statistics and employee satisfaction.
- Investigates all internal harassment, sexual harassment, and discrimination claims and external EEOC and Labor Board claims as needed and prepares position statement; responds to outside entities requesting additional information.
- Coordinates all information necessary for termination of employment including last payroll check and exit interview process. Processes all related paperwork and ensures that all company property is returned. As needed, coordinates separation agreements with Legal.
- Daily administration of policies and programs covering several of the following functional areas: employee relations, communication, AA/EEO, staffing, training, organizational development, performance management, compensation, and benefits
- Monitors and ensures Company’s equal employment opportunity (EEO) compliance with state and federal laws. Counsels employees on the discrimination complaint processing system in accordance with EEO laws and regulations. May assist in preliminary EEO investigations as needed.
- Acts as liaison to research and respond to employee questions regarding company programs as they pertain to Company guidelines, such as leaves of absence. In addition, acts as a resource to employees when they have a concern regarding any interpretation or application of a work-related guideline by management, supervisors or other employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- BA or BS Degree in human resources, industrial organizational psychology, psychology, industrial labor relations, business administration, or other relevant field.
- 5+ years of solid HR Generalist experience in employee relations, performance management, engagement activities, coaching, leadership development, Compensation, Recruiting, and Benefits.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with MS Office, Excel, HRIS, ADP
- Multi-site multi-state healthcare HR experience preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
- Ability to travel throughout assigned region up to 50%
- Must be able to use a computer and phone.
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods in front of a computer.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting (up to 25lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, pushing, pulling, climbing and walking.