POSITION SUMMARY: Our Healthcare organization is seeking experienced EPS Employer Paid Service Collections Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidates will have a strong background in Occupational Health Collections functions will report directly to the team lead and the Manager of Billing, EPS, & Payment Posting. Position is 90% remote after in office training (subjected to change based on business needs).
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all internal and external customers of Physicians Immediate Care with an excellent service experience by consistently (1) supporting the Company’s goals and mission, (2) following all Company policies and procedures, (3) providing quality customer service, and (4) following safety standards in performing all aspects of the functions below.
- Communicate via email and outbound phone calls with external clients concerning accounts receivable balances in a positive and cooperative manner
- Reconcile client accounts
- Work closely with Sales and EPS Specialists to resolve client account issues
- Negotiate promises to pay and payment plans
- Identify accounts for small balance write-offs, bad debt write-offs
- Document collection activities in Employer Protocols
- Resend statements and account summaries to clients upon request
- Other special projects as assigned.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
2 year degree or equivalent work experience desired
Minimum of 2 years experience in accounts receivable collections
Skills Abilities and Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mathematics skills.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS.
- Knowledge of basic medical and billing terminology.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Demonstrated understanding of insurance contractual agreements, CMS regulations and the payment recoupment/recovery process.
At Physicians Immediate Care you will enjoy full benefits including a generous wellness plan, a company matched 401K plan, a Monday through Friday schedule with a great work-life balance. Come join our team!