The Quality & Compliance Nurse supports the Quality & Compliance Officer in managing the quality & compliance department, including compliance with employee health, infection control, medical/malpractice claims, workers' compensation, general liability, and COVID resource for employees. The position works to ensure that PIC/PUC and its management, providers, and employees comply with applicable laws and regulations, that PIC/PUC policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior meets the Compliance Code of Conduct requirements.
This position is REMOTE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process incident reports to ensure adherence to company and regulatory guidelines, laws, policies, and standard operating procedures
- Initiate quality improvement recommendations and initiatives based on incident report investigations and results.
- Resource and triage for employees with COVID related symptoms
- Facilitate the occupational health and safety program through workers' compensation and collaborating with the insurance carrier's claims and case management team.
- Partners with the Clinical Standards Committee on infection control issues
- Assist on clinical aspects of policy and procedure creations and updates
- Facilitate the needle stick program, including an annual review of products
- Assists in investigations and researching and drafting educational materials
- Assists with the management of quality and compliance annual work plan.
- Prepares reports regularly, and as directed or requested, to keep the Quality & Compliance Officer, Compliance Committee, senior leadership, and the Board of Directors informed on the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Manages projects to monitor and audit the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities continuingly
- Develops expertise and performs research in emerging compliance subjects and issues as requested
- Acts as a steward of the Compliance Program by exhibiting sound ethical standards and consistently promoting a compliance culture
- Active IL nursing license
- Certificate in compliance preferred
- Strong technical skills to include proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and the use and development of databases, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a tactful and diplomatic manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision under very general guidelines
- Ability to handle all documents, materials, and information in a confidential manner
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills