The Director of Advanced Practice Provider Services: West will work in conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer, Medical Director of Occupational Medicine, Regional Medical Directors of Rockford, Western suburbs and Will County, Director of Training and Supervising Physicians to handle responsibilities to include, but not limited to those listed below. In addition, as a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner will practice as part of a team under the direction of their supervising/collaborating physician.
This position will cover our NW Suburbs region clinics
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all internal and external customers of Physicians Immediate Care with an excellent service experience by consistently (1) supporting the Company’s goals and mission, (2) following all Company policies and procedures, (3) providing quality customer service, and (4) following safety standards in performing all aspects of the functions below.
Training, Mentoring, Monitoring (approximately 50% of positions time):
- Trains, mentors and collaborates with Company’s Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners to improve patient outcomes with a focus on regional providers.
- Develops in conjunction with regional medical directors standards for advanced practice providers to ensure Evidence –Based Medical Practice.
- Reviews company standards, policies and procedures as they pertain to advanced practice providers; establishes and maintains quality of care and service standards.
- Ensures Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners are in compliance with state & federal regulations and are functioning within PIC’s policies and procedures.
- Assists in the monitoring of advanced practice providers’ performance; identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care.
- Work with the Training team to ensure advanced practice provider staff have received adequate training and skills validations and pursue additional training opportunities.
- Collaborate with supervising physicians and clinic management by providing feedback for the performance evaluation process on all advanced practice staff as requested.
- Assists in the recruiting of advanced practice providers by working actively with Talent Acquisition.
Primary Clinical Duties (approximately 50% of positions time):
- Inclusive of the following but not limited to:
- Examines patients, performs comprehensive physical examinations and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as imaging studies, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests; interprets results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care and managing infections.
- Performs other specific diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance as well as other relevant patient education.
- Reviews patient charts noting allergies, pertinent medical history, and abnormal physical findings.
Internal applicant only at this time.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.