Would you like to work for the leading mid-sized Midwest Urgent Care Practice with a variety of growth opportunities in the Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin area?
Physicians Immediate Care, also known as Physicians Urgent Care, is a Midwest leader in urgent care and occupational health services with over 40 locations in Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin.
We are looking for remarkable Physician Assistants who will provide compassionate and high quality care to both urgent care and occupational medicine patients.
Do you love procedures?
You've come to the right place! At Physicians Immediate Care you will be able to treat patients on the spot- that means they won't have to make another trip, wait in yet another line, or pay another co-pay. As a Physician Assistant you will perform procedures such as digital blocks, regional anesthesia, minor outpatient surgical procedures such as tendon repair, wound closure and management, incision and drainage, and needle biopsy, aspirations and joint injections, closed reductions of fractures and dislocations, and application of braces, casts, and splints. And that's not all but we'll leave the best for later.
At Physicians Immediate Care we understand that the complexity of the job requires years of training and practice and not everyone will come to us with ALL of the required skills. We offer onsite training, an abundance of online courses and learning materials.
But it's not all about what you can offer us! Here's what we will offer you:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical Malpractice Insurance
- A Generous CME allowance
- Personal Paid Time Off and CME Paid Time Off
- In-House Medical
- Life Insurance
A Remarkable Physician Assistant will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills-those are needed to effectively and courteously deal with patients, families, clients, and co-workers. Like most healthcare organizations we use an EMR system- we require all of our Providers to be proficient in computer functions and have some experience with Electronic Medical Records Systems. And last but not least- we are looking for a Physician Assistant who will be able to adjust to the ever-changing patient flow while keeping up the amazing work.
A few formalities we need from our candidates:
- A Master's Degree and certification by a Physician Assistant certifying entity
- An active DEA license with no restrictions
- A current license to practice medicine in the state of IL and IL Controlled Substance License
And a few extras that will put you at the top of our list:
- At least 1 year of clinical experience in an emergency medicine or urgent care setting
- Knowledge of basic ER, internal medicine, generalist, occupational medicine, and family practice procedures
- Ability to use the necessary equipment such as the nebulizer, EKG machine, etc.
- Ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements
- Ability to lift 50lbs