POSITION SUMMARY: Our Healthcare organization is seeking experience Payment Posting Specialists to join our team. The ideal candidates will have a strong background in Medical Payment Posting. Specialist will report directly to one of the team leads and the Payment Posting Manager. Position is 90% remote after in-office training subjected to change based on business needs.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all internal and external customers of Physicians Immediate Care with an excellent service experience by consistently (1) supporting the Company’s goals and mission, (2) following all Company policies and procedures, (3) providing quality customer service, and (4) following safety standards in performing all aspects of the functions below.
- Receive, sort and review payments from insurance carriers, patients and other sources
- Identify appropriate receivables accounts for application and post receipts, through automated or manual processes, ensuring entries are accurately applied
- Validate posting results and reconcile payments posted against checks received
- Research and post unapplied cash receipts working from the explanation of benefits via automated or manual process, and post receipts to the designated account
- Provide administrative support as assigned and assist in the training of new hires
- Answer inquiries from internal and external customers via phone and email
- Identify under payments and margin loss claims and provide information to others for collections process
- Works with other functional departments in resolving issues
- Reconcile bank deposits
- Strong organizational skills.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative/clerical duties in order to complete assigned tasks (i.e. typing, filing, photocopying, scanning, answering phones, faxing, etc.)
- Performs and completes projects, as assigned, in order to meet the needs of the department/company along with any other duties assigned.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
High School diploma or equivalent required
Skills Abilities and Knowledge:
- 2+ years’ experience posting medical claims, working medical accounts receivables, medical reimbursement and the ability to read and understand an “explanation of benefits”.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office: Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Quick learner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under strict deadlines
Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guideline/regulations
At Physicians Immediate Care you will enjoy full benefits including a generous wellness plan, a company matched 401K plan, a Monday through Friday schedule with a great work-life balance. Come join our team!