We appreciate your interest in employment with The Honest Company! The Honest Company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at 1.888.862.8818 or 1.310.857.3020.
Founded in 2012, The Honest Company® is a mission-driven consumer products company dedicated to empowering people to live happy, healthy lives. Consumers seeking thoughtfully formulated, safe and effective baby, personal care and beauty products, along with education and support can find The Honest Company products across North America via honest.com and honestbeauty.com and at more than 17,000 retail locations. Beginning in spring 2019, consumers in Europe can find Honest Beauty at select Douglas retail locations. A leader in the natural baby category and a trailblazer in clean beauty, The Honest Company is committed to ensuring all families have access to basic necessities and the latest health information for safe growth and development — a commitment reflected in its ongoing partnerships with organizations such as Baby2Baby and Mount Sinai. The Honest Company is privately held and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
The Honest Company has kicked off the search for a Regulatory Affairs Specialist Temp! In this role, you’ll help maintain regulatory processes and procedures to ensure domestic and international regulatory compliance. You will provide guidance and support to Product Development, Marketing, Legal, and other essential teams.
What you’ll do:
- Assist regulatory team with product approvals, formula validation, claim review/substantiation and labeling
- Facilitate research in assigned markets specific to regulatory processes, product classification, and product registration requirements
- Partner with Product Development, Marketing, and Creative on product labels, artwork design, and advertising
- Assist in preparing product reports for submission to regulatory agencies
- Provide regulatory input on product development, including country-specific formula modifications, claims, and labeling
- Maintain regulatory archives and product registration databases
- Ensure Honest stays informed on changes for assigned markets of responsibility
- Review product labels, company literature, and marketing material for technical accuracy and regulatory compliance
- Coordinate with contract manufacturers and internal teams to gather raw material documentation and analyze its validity
- Assist in investigating and resolving product and process problems related to regulatory issues
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- An exceptional and respectful communicator. No matter the audience, you deliver your thoughts clearly, concisely, and confidently
- Driven by details. You’re meticulous, thorough, and enjoy being extra-precise
- An exceptional multi-tasker. You’re quick, organized, and you work with a sense of urgency
- Highly analytical and strategic. Your problem-solving skills are unparalleled
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science-related field
- 1-3 years of regulatory affairs experience or relevant coursework
- Knowledge of regulations in cosmetics both skincare and color and over-the-counter drugs
- Experience proofreading documents
California Privacy Rights Notice for Californian Job Applicants and Prospective Talent
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), The Honest Company, Inc. (“Honest” or “us” or “we”) is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants” or “you”) about the categories of personal information we may collect about you and the purposes for which we use this information. Click here if you are a California resident to read disclosures required by the CCPA. Note this notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants, who are California residents:
- Social Security Number
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
How We Use Job Applicants' Personal Data. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing evaluating your application to determine your qualifications for the role to which you’ve applied, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
- Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services for us, such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement; and
- Internal operations.