Phreesia is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing team!
Phreesia is a publicly traded healthcare technology company that is the leading provider of automated patient intake solutions. The ideal candidate will serve as Senior Accountant to support the finance and accounting operations and meet the demands of its growing business. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position requires a highly motivated individual that has strong accounting and analytical skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Ownership of month-end close process for assigned areas
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Book and review monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for key accounts
- Work collaboratively with multiple departments
- Manage day to day accounting and finance matters
- Work with outside auditors during quarterly reviews and the annual audit
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis and researching best practices inside and outside the company.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting
- CPA license (or in progress)
- Minimum of 3 years of public accounting firm (“Big 4”) or the equivalent of public company experience
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and requirements
- Working experience and knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to details
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adhere and meet internal and external deadlines
- Capable to prioritize workload and perform in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Ability to recognize potential issues and problems, know when to escalate and propose solutions, where possible
- Organized, disciplined, process-oriented
- Strong work ethic
- The absolute highest level of personal and professional integrity is required
- Knowledge of excel and capable of creating spreadsheets analyzing financial data
- Knowledge of Workday is a plus
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Remote working environment
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan (USA) or RRSP plan (Canada)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Home office set-up stipend
- Mobile phone stipends and Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid parental leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous parental benefit to our employees in Canada
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.