Phreesia is looking for a Lead Data Engineer who is passionate about the software engineering side of Data Science to join our Data Science Team; someone familiar with building production tooling to support the entire data journey, from data extraction and transformation to deploying and validating machine learning models. This Lead Data Engineering role will have a tremendous impact on the next generation data infrastructure of our Life Sciences Department.
You will work mainly with data scientists to build software and improve workflows but will also collaborate with data engineering. You will design our data infrastructure and use it to develop extensible analytics pipelines, tools and visualizations for our Data Science products. Some of the primary upcoming initiatives include developing a distributed computing infrastructure, arming Data Science with cloud service capabilities as well as supporting the next generation of predictive modeling and forecasting tools.
- Monitor, maintain and administrate existing ETLs in SSIS that supply critical information to the team
- Build fault-tolerant, scalable batch and real-time distributed data processing
- Design and configure on-premise hosted and cloud-based services
- Develop technology to more efficiently and effectively curate large amounts of unstructured data
- Tool our systems for observability, including logging, metrics monitoring, and dashboarding
- Build data pipelines to make key datasets available to both data scientists and analysts throughout the company
- Design, develop, refactor, package, harden, and deploy software products
- Guide the data science team’s adoption of new software and frameworks
- 5+ years of experience building data ingestion infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience building robust data models
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with moving targets and changing priorities
- Strong production SQL skills and direct experience with SSIS
- Experience working in a data science team with a strong engineering culture
- Have taken a leading role in delivering complex software systems all the way from design to production
- Experience with Spark/PySpark other streaming data pipelines
- Experience managing data ingestion from a variety of sources including SQL, NoSQL, streams, and external APIs
- Experience with web development, Docker, source control, machine learning, and data science toolsets
- Experience with cloud service providers such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- BS or higher in computer science or related discipline
- 1+ years of managerial experience, preferably managing data engineers
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow or similar workflow orchestration platforms
- Hands-on experience and understanding of Graph and/or search Databases
- Healthcare experience and a basic understanding of clinical terms is a plus
- Experience working as a full stack software engineer is a plus
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care. Our solutions are in all 50 states, and we check in 70 million patients a year!
Basically, what you are doing here matters and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients we also care about our employees. We are proud to say that we have grown 40% each year and consistently continue to do so. If you crave working with driven and engaged colleagues, a structured sales process, consistent recognition, defined career path, and enjoy working in revamped new areas, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Remote working environment
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan (USA) or RRSP plan (Canada)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Home office set-up stipend
- Mobile phone stipends and Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid parental leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous parental benefit to our employees in Canada
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.
Be sure to check out our Instagram @PhreesiaCareers and Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PhreesiaCareers/