Phreesia is looking for a Senior Procurement Manager to join our growing team!
Phreesia is a publicly traded healthcare technology company that is the leading provider of automated patient intake solutions. The successful candidate will be a crucial leader on the Phreesia Finance team. This position will report to the Director of Financial Operations. The Senior Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing the sourcing of vendors/suppliers, analyzing and comparing products/services and negotiating and reviewing primarily software, IT and leasing contracts on behalf of our rapidly growing company. This individual will be instrumental in the Workday implementation and continued configurations and improvements for the end-to-end P2P cycle, assisting with building out our foundational procurement model, policies, procedures, training documents for stakeholders and driving procurement compliance.
The ideal candidate is an experienced people and process manager with innovative procurement strategies and a strong record of academic and professional achievements. Candidates must possess extensive experience in procuring suppliers, contract review and negotiation and cost benefit analysis as well as in depth supply chain knowledge. Candidates must have a very strong process orientation and enthusiasm for leveraging innovative technology. The successful candidate must be high energy and capable of working and communicating with people across all levels of our organization and possess the ability to multi-task well in a nimble and fast paced environment. The Senior Procurement Manager must be extremely collaborative and possess a positive attitude and willingness to take on responsibilities to grow the team, empowering and enhancing the team’s skill sets and motivating their career paths within the organization as needed. Additionally, this candidate should have the mindset and desire to “make a difference” every working day.
What You will Do:
- Administrate the full contract management lifecycle process from RFP to contract execution, including contract negotiations, communication and vendor and stakeholder relationships
- Manage IT/Business Systems Procurement initiatives including overseeing competitive bid processes (RFPs, RFQ/RFOs, RFIs) and leading the team through supplier evaluation and selection
- Negotiate, manage, and communicate to the appropriate stakeholder and/or vendor all aspects of Phreesia’s hardware, software and leasing contracts including renewals, terminations, planning, tracking and forecasting
- Utilize and fully leverage e-Procurement tools (Workday) to manage sourcing, requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, terms and all procurement related projects
- Support AP team in setting up suppliers for invoicing and payment activities, including purchase order creation, remittance, payment terms and discount management
- Manage supplier relationships to maximize value creation and costs for software licensing, maintenance, and service offerings
- Create and update corporate purchasing policies and procedures as well ensuring compliance across the organization
- Prepare cost benefit analysis for stakeholders and management
- Determine supply needs and researching potential suppliers, developing preferred suppliers for critical products and building out internal catalogs for repeat buys
- Work closely with AP, stakeholders and the extended accounting and finance teams to develop best practices and maintain cross functional alignment
- Drive sustainable/substantial cost savings and value beyond savings for IT/software/leasing category
- Operate as the leader and trusted advisor providing procurement insights and subject matter expertise to the procurement analyst(s) and internal stakeholders
- Partner with senior business leadership to develop a Procurement Plan aligned to organizational goals, business strategies and priorities, while optimizing supplier quality, cost, and risk
- Deliver monthly and/or quarterly business reviews for senior business leadership that measures progress against the Procurement Roadmap
- Deliver key procurement metrics on cost savings, efficiency opportunities, supplier diversity, sustainability, preferred supplier usage and supplier rationalization
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree required[concentration preferred: Finance/Business/Business Administration or Accounting], Master’s preferred
• Minimum of 7-10 years procurement experience preferably working for a public company
- Experience in procuring software, IT and data center equipment
- Proficient in electronic procurement and analytical software
- Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley control testing and documentation
- Advanced analytical skills with great attention to details
- Exceptional negotiating skills
- Self-motivated, possessing a strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively prioritize workload, function professionally under pressure and perform in a dynamic and challenging environment while managing multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines
- Ability to show discretion, poise and good judgement in all situations
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Ability to treat sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Workday experience a plus
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Remote working environment
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan (USA) or RRSP plan (Canada)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Home office set-up stipend
- Mobile phone stipends and Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid parental leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous parental benefit to our employees in Canada
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.