Phreesia is looking for an Advertising Counsel to join our growing team!
We are looking to add a key member to round out our growing legal team, initially reporting directly to the General Counsel at a publicly traded company. We’re looking for a practical commercial lawyer who has strong experience drafting and reviewing advertising agreements in the pharmaceutical/life science space. This is a sophisticated individual contributor role.
What You’ll Do:
- Draft, review, and negotiate complex agreements with life science companies and media agencies, particularly MSAs, SOWs, insertion orders, addenda and advertising agency agreements.
- Review business terms from client and flag any potential issues that would conflict with the Phreesia platform and/or prior agreements.
- Identify and review business, legal, and contractual risks.
- Manage internal processes to track contracts from beginning to end, ensuring that all parties who need to weigh in are accounted for. Ensure accuracy and consistency throughout the contract (particularly as the contract relates to an SOW, insertion order, etc.). Be final sign-off prior to contract going for signature.
- Ensure consistency across all deal documents; i.e., ensure proposal, insertion orders and MSAs do not have conflicting business or legal terms
- Act as both quarterback, gatekeeper and final sign off on each deal;
- Draft language for non-standard provisions or transactions; engage with business units and other functions to obtain approval for non-standard contractual positions in accordance with corporate policies.
- Manage all client contracting needs, including re-contracting, reissuing insertion orders, amendments to existing programs, etc.
- Collaborate with legal, sales, business development teams and other functions to draft and maintain contract templates; maintain contracts repository and summary of contract terms.
- Communicate and collaborate with multiple teams across all levels of the organization
- Provide practical, business-friendly advice
- Act as lead partner to sales organization and sales support in the life sciences business.
- Provide practical, decisive guidance to support Phreesia’s fast-paced business needs that balances our goals and legal risk, taking into account company policies and positions.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, commercial, open source, IP, privacy, employment, and other laws, regulations, and developments to give the most effective advice.
- Obtain and maintain a solid knowledge of the products, services and objectives of our business.
- Other duties and projects assigned by the General Counsel.
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ years of legal experience negotiating advertising agreements with life science companies and digital media agencies; preference for in-house experience.
- Strong knowledge of the digital media and advertisement industry in the life science market
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with deadline-driven objectives; preference for someone with experience with healthcare technology business.
- Independent thinker with minimal supervision and minimal need for outside counsel
- Accountability and willingness to take ownership of projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with data privacy, including permitted data uses.
- Strong legal drafting skills and the ability to work with third party paper or a clean sheet of paper to draft well-written, practical, solution-oriented terms.
- A confident, effective and positive negotiator who can lead the process, focus on important issues and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills and very strong follow through on accountability.
- Excellent legal and business judgment with the ability both to assess relevant/material risks quickly and to communicate those risks to business partners in non-legal speak (a business-oriented, practical mindset).
- Team oriented, with exceptional interpersonal skills, a strong sense of humor, a positive and upbeat attitude, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and sound judgment.
- JD from an accredited US law school; membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Remote working environment
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan (USA) or RRSP plan (Canada)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Home office set-up stipend
- Mobile phone stipends and Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid parental leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous parental benefit to our employees in Canada
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.