Phreesia is looking for a Director, Front End Engineering, in this role you will work with our Life Sciences and Marketing team to:
- Lead work to bring Phreesia’s front end content systems to a best-in-class level
- Build, maintain, and deploy web content that can be displayed on a variety of devices
- Lead and participate in customer discussions and build code to create delivery components to pass approved Patient Health Information (PHI) to third parties securely
- Lead contributions to the development of new software - including building, QA testing, deployment within an agile environment
What you will do:
- Provide guidance and a vision for technologies that best fit Phreesia’s needs.
- Assist in deploying and testing messaging campaigns to our various production environments
- Lead the design, build, and delivery of front-end components and the systems that underpin them
- Attend daily scrums and communicate clearly and concisely with stakeholders across the organization
- Manage and grow a team of front end web developers
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience building Web Applications in a fast paced, agile development environment
- Knowledge and experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress or others)
- Knowledge and experience working with version control systems, preferably Git
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to analyze complex technical problems
- Ability to multi-task, adapt quickly to shifting priorities / process changes, and work independently and collaboratively
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications; ability to explain issues clearly and concisely, and to establish effective working relationships
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with front end development frameworks like React or Angular
- Experience working with static site generators and a headless CMS
- Knowledge and experience with web applications architecture, APIs, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming. Experience with a language like C# or Java.
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan (USA) or RRSP plan (Canada)
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in our offices
- Mobile phone stipends, monthly subway pass reimbursement and Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.