Phreesia is looking for a hands-on, highly technical Linux Administrator to join our growing team!
This is a hands-on highly technical Linux Administrator position which will require gaining intimate knowledge of Phreesia’s applications and infrastructure. This knowledge will be used to design, secure, automate and maintain our colocation and cloud infrastructure. The infrastructure must be designed and maintained at a high level to ensure 99.99% customer uptime with acceptable performance and capacity to support 30% year-over-year traffic growth. The position will provide other technical teams with the tools and procedures needed for self-service provisioning and configuration. Ongoing responsibilities include developing Standard Operating procedures, Automation, building and configuring Linux servers, monitoring key processes, securing and maintaining virtual datacenters.
What You'll Do:
- Installation and configuration of Linux servers.
- Infrastructure automation for VMs, load balancing and development tools.
- Secure and audit all Linux infrastructure to meet PCI and HIPAA standards.
- Day-to-day operation, maintenance and monitoring of the production application and supporting systems.
- Support all Linux systems at the infrastructure level. This includes OS and system service level administration, data migration, patching, service management and job schedules.
- Support growth and development of new and existing deployments.
- Assist in the selection, configuration and the ongoing usage of Linux distributions.
- Design and build centralized management and patching tools.
- Maintain, upgrade and patch all current and new Linux systems.
- Respond to and remediate monitoring alerts. Provide full monitoring visibility into all virtual and application layers.
- Strong understanding of public cloud solutions with VMC on AWS and AWS preferred.
- Support NOC staff with training, issue escalation and automation.
- Optimize system availability, security and performance of production systems.
- Be available for scheduled on-call / shift work, outside of normal business hours.
What You'll Bring
- 5 plus years of experience installing, upgrading and troubleshooting a wide range of software and hardware.
- Expert in command line administration and all things Linux
- Detailed knowledge of one or more of the following: CentOS, Debian, Gentoo, Suse, Ubuntu, Red Hat, AWS
- Demonstrated ability to maintain service level agreements in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to analyze complex technical problems
- Ability to multi-task, shift gears quickly, work independently and collaboratively, adapt easily to shifting priorities, process changes, and schedule changes
- Ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications; ability to explain issues clearly and concisely and establish effective working relationships in a distributed team
- Detailed knowledge of kernel configuration, system installation, software installation, user management, filesystem management and system service management
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and lead team members in the adoption, deployment and management of technology
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Networking and VMware a plus
- Basic knowledge or MongoDB, Redis and RabbitMQ a plus
- Knowledge or experience with containers a plus
- Linux and AWS certifications a strong plus
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a four-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Mobile phone stipends, and fitness reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees
- Home office setup for remote employees
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.