Phreesia is looking for a Senior Payroll Analyst to join our growing team!
Phreesia is a publicly traded healthcare technology company that is the leading provider of automated patient intake solutions. The ideal candidate will serve as Senior Payroll Analyst to support the finance and accounting operations and meet the demands of its growing business. Reporting to the Director of Financial Operations, this position requires a highly motivated individual that has strong accounting, supervisory and analytical skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the timely, accurate and complete processing of all US and CAD payroll/pay data components: compensation, bonus, commission etc. on a semi-monthly / bi-weekly / ad hoc basis
- Familiarity with and ability to work within the specific guidelines in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Work closely with Human Resources to develop best practices and alignment
- Assist with uploading and processing of payroll journal entries in the accounting system after each payroll processing
- Ensure the timely, accurate recording and disbursing of tax payments in accordance with the applicable tax agencies after each payroll cycle
- Consistent monitoring, response and escalation, when needed, of employee communication or inquiries received directly or via the Payroll inbox ensuring response is timely and accurate
- Assist with the review and communication related to employee visas ensuring the required taxation based on visa types is accurately processed
- Reconciliation of quarterly tax reporting as provided by payroll provider
- Assist with the tax set-up of employees in the stock compensation system (Shareworks) to ensure correct withholdings for all equity related transactions.
- Ensure equity transactions are recorded timely and accurately in the closest payroll cycles to the equity event.
- Ensure that all payroll related payments to tax authorities, state and government agencies, employees, etc are reviewed and approved and paid timely and accurately recorded
- Assist with preparation of special projects when needed
- Ensure terminated employees are paid within the specific guidelines set forth by each state
- Assist with year-end W-2 / T-4 creation, distribution and reporting
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressive related payroll experience preferably working for a public company
- Prior experience processing employee stock compensation through third party administrator (e.g. Shareworks, E*Trade or other equity platform)
- Experience with non-US payroll (Canada preferred)
- Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley control testing and documentation
- Experience with multi-state and local taxation rules and regulation for withholding and reporting
- 401K/Safe Harbor working knowledge
- Workday, Namely and ADP experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to details
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable to prioritize workload and perform in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Advanced Excel skills
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Remote working environment
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan (USA) or RRSP plan (Canada)
- Unlimited vacation
- Home office set-up stipend
- Mobile phone stipends and Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid parental leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous parental benefit to our employees in Canada
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.