Phreesia is looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our growing Engineering team!
This role will be a key contributor to the implementation of a greenfield data lake in AWS. Collaboration and clear communication with multiple teams at Phreesia will be critical to the success of this new product environment. The primary duties of this role cover configuration, code deployment, process automation, and compliance safeguards in the AWS data lake.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Architects to deliver data pipelines and platforms using AWS
- Develop, maintain, and analyze automation processes and tooling for our AWS data lake environment
- Collaborate with data stakeholders to determine appropriate disaster response plans and data retention policies
- Coordinate with Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) vendor and Phreesia’s security team to implement compliance safeguards and incident response
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 3+ years' hands-on experience in developing enterprise-grade solutions, with at least 1 years in a PAAS environment (preferably AWS), using services such as: AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon S3, DynamoDB/ any NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), AWS Glue and Glue Data Catalog, Amazon Athena
- 1+ years creating and maintaining deployment scripts for the cloud (AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef)
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with SQL, Python, R, or similar language used for data engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data modeling principles
- Experience working on SaaS product delivery teams, within a highly regulated environment (healthcare, finance)
- Industry Certification in AWS is a plus.
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan (USA) or RRSP plan (Canada)
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in our offices
- Mobile phone stipends, monthly subway pass reimbursement and Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.