Phreesia is looking for a Database Administrator to join our growing team!
This is a hands-on highly technical Database Administrator position which will require gaining intimate knowledge of Phreesia’s users, customers and architecture. This knowledge will be used design, secure, automate, maintain and monitor our database infrastructure in all locations. Databases must be designed and maintained at a high level to ensure 99.99% customer uptime, with acceptable performance and capacity to support 30% year-over-year traffic growth. The position will provide other technical teams with the tools and procedures needed for self-service provisioning and configuration. Ongoing responsibilities include developing Standard Operating procedures, Automation, building and configuring databases, monitoring all processes, securing and maintaining.
Who We Want:
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive under tight deadlines and fast moving projects?
Are you looking for a position to shape and guide one of the nation's largest Healthcare patient intake SaaS platforms?
If this sounds appealing, we are looking for a highly technical and detailed oriented Database Administrator to join our Engineering team.
What You'll Do:
- Installation, configure, manage and monitor all Microsoft SQL databases supporting web applications and business functions
- Architect scalable designs to ensure uptime requirements
- Ensure database infrastructure is patched and running the latest supported versions
- Monitoring and tuning of all windows clusters and availability groups to best fit SLA and uptime requirements
- Support and guide developers on best code practices for query and optimization
- Support DevOps initiatives in automation projects
- Assist in the selection, configuration and the ongoing usage of monitoring tools
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues without production downtime and in a timely manner
- Perform data, index and size validation to ensure databases are performing optimally
- Maintain all backups and ensure backup designs meet SLA requirements
- Perform backup testing using automation to ensure backups can be recovered for SLA requirements and test data consistency
- Keep up to date with latest technologies and solutions for database architecture, included but not limited to, physical servers, virtual machines, cloud solutions, database design,etc
- Support NOC staff with training, issue escalation and automation
- Be available for scheduled on-call / shift work, outside of normal business hours
- You'll do some travel to Phreesia’s data centers and offsite locations for engineering team meetings
What You'll Do:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ plus years of experience designing, managing and supporting enterprise SQL server environments across multiple locations support connections from thousands of virtual machines
- Ability to support and guide DevOps with automation projects for production and test database environments
- 5+ years of experience managing enterprise level MS Window servers heavy OLTP load. This includes detailed experience with Windows clusters, event logs, registry, Active Directory/Group Policy, security, patching and logging
- Expert in SQL troubleshooting using native SQL tools, management studio, etc.
- Strong understanding of data management and best practices for storing, migrating and data structure
- Experience supporting a public “Always Available” application. SaaS experience preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to analyze complex technical problems
- Ability to multi-task, shift gears quickly, work independently and collaboratively, adapt easily to shifting priorities, process changes, and schedule changes
- Ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications; ability to explain issues clearly and concisely and establish effective working relationships in a distributed team
- Detailed knowledge storage and how best to use storage for SQL performance.
- VmwareNSX design and configuration a strong plus
- MongoDB and other platform knowledge are a plus
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care. Our solutions are in all 50 states, and we check in 70 million patients a year!
Basically, what you are doing here matters and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients we also care about our employees. We are proud to say that we have grown 40% each year and consistently continue to do so. If you crave working with driven and engaged colleagues, a structured sales process, consistent recognition, defined career path, and enjoy working in revamped new areas, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in our offices
- Mobile phone stipends, monthly subway pass reimbursement and Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.