Phreesia is a mission-driven company, transforming the healthcare experience for thousands of patients and healthcare providers every day. A rapidly growing and very dynamic segment of our organization is also focused on our digital patient engagement products, which include direct-to-patient marketing and education as well as market research applications that support our large Life Sciences clients (pharmaceutical companies and healthcare agencies).
We are seeking a dynamic, self-directed Director of Strategic Marketing, comfortable with seeking out, designing, and executing Demand Generation strategy and activities for our rapidly growing Life Sciences business. You should have a rock-solid understanding of the U.S. healthcare system, the pharmaceutical marketing, as well as its most important agency vendors and partners. Additionally, you should be passionate about how digital innovation is changing the landscape for how Life Sciences organizations engage with patients.
This role will work with stakeholders across the Life Sciences Division of Phreesia and the Demand Generation team to build and execute on the Strategic Marketing Plan for our Life Sciences business. You will be responsible for driving our vision and building our strategy on lead acquisition, developing and managing the Life Sciences marketing calendar, and partnering with the Strategic Marketing team to execute and deliver a multi-channel marketing plan for our Life Sciences business unit. The ideal candidate works well both independently and cross-functionally and has a passion for staying abreast of digital and patient marketing trends.
What You'll Do:
- Lead vision and operational execution for the Demand Generation activities for the Life Sciences Business
- Develop and maintain a Life Sciences Buyer’s Journey by partnering with the Content and Life Sciences teams
- Identify and execute upon key Events/Virtual Events, Activities and other Tactics to engage in to build the Life Sciences marketing portfolio
- Manage and mentor junior team member(s), delegating specific initiatives for them to lead and coaching them on industry knowledge
- Manage contracting/budget for Life Sciences Demand Generation external activities
- Work cross-functionally with designers, content specialists, strategic marketing resources (U.S. based and offshore) and Life Sciences business leaders to project manage, execute, staff and monitor marketing initiatives (i.e.,Website, Webinars, Thought Leadership, Events/Virtual Events, Other campaigns)
- Manage Inbound Activity and direct the team on nomenclature, tracking and analytics for the Life Sciences business
- Ensure our marketing tech stack is comprehensive for the Life Sciences business
- Partner with Marketing Analytics to track and analyze whether the marketing tactics we have invested in will drive sufficient growth at the top of the sales funnel for the Life Sciences division to meet its annual revenue goals
- Identify opportunities for improvement and “quick wins” and rapidly shift marketing strategy accordingly
- Partner with the Content team on identifying opportunities for speaking engagements, editorial contributions and earned media opportunities
- Work hand in hand with the Content team to build strategy for tactics such as the Life Sciences website, social media, and marketing materials for the sales organization
What You'll Bring:
- 7 to-10 years of experience in a healthcare Agency, Technology company marketing to Life Sciences or Life Sciences (Pharma/Biotech) organization including the management and direction of agency relationships and the development of marketing strategy for a specific pharmaceutical product
- Interest and market experience with digital technology
- Experience with Marketing CRM and/or Automation technology
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical organizations, critical pharma stakeholders, media purchasing and the most effective marketing tactics required to reach these organizations during the annual media purchasing cycle
- Experience working in a Healthcare B2B environment is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of organization, including at the leadership level
- Experience leading and executing marketing campaigns
- Strong fundamental understanding of the Life Sciences marketing and sales funnel
- Experience directing teams desired, but should enjoy rolling up sleeves and assisting with execution
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- MBA or Masters degree preferred
Who we are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a four-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Mobile phone stipends, and fitness reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees
- Home office setup for remote employees
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.