Phreesia is looking for an experienced and hands-on Data Scientist to join our growing Data Science Team; someone with extraordinary analytical and technical skills who is familiar with the entire lifecycle of a data science project, from data exploration, modeling and analysis, to model selection, validation, evaluation, and deployment.
You will be joining a team of especially smart, humorous, quick-witted, and dedicated coworkers, all passionate about data and improving patient access to healthcare. You will be responsible for building data products for internal consumption, near real-time business intelligence tools, and predictive models. We are looking for someone experienced in partnering with business stakeholders, translating their needs into technical solutions and answers, and then building and delivering those solutions. This role will report directly to the Associate Director of Data Science.
What You'll Do:
- Leverage Phreesia’s massive and ever-growing dataset to build data products that provide actionable business insights
- Optimize targeted engagement strategies through modeling, forecasting, and evaluation
- Develop methods to efficiently classify and characterize patient populations
- Navigate and use diverse machine learning stacks in Python and R
- Use NLP techniques to parse, process, and structure textual data
- Quickly prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches
- Build customized dashboards for internal and external clients
- Take ownership of data products and ensure they are properly tracked throughout their lifecycle
- Write clean, well-tested, code that will stand the test of time
- Be an expert communicator: you could summarize your daily progress in a tweet
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of experience in an operational Data Science role.
- Professional command of Data Science and Machine Learning toolsets such as Python (Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Scikit-learn), R (dplyr, tidyverse, ggplot).
- MS/MA in a quantitative field such as data science, computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, computational linguistics, physics, or relevant equivalent professional experience
- Experience in using statistical principles to inform decision making (experimental design, significance tests, a/b testing)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to organize, visualize, and present complex data in a way that tells a compelling story and drives decision making
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience contributing professional-level code using version control
Nice to Have:
- Experience using web frameworks such as Python flask or R shiny
- Experience in collaborating with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to propose, test, validate, evaluate, and deploy Machine Learning models
- Experience using Apache Spark
- Experience using Graph and/or search Databases (e.g. neo4j, elasticsearch)
- Healthcare experience and a basic understanding of clinical terms
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Home office set up
- Mobile phone stipends and internet reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.