The HR Generalist role provides strategic and tactical support for a wide variety of activities across multiple HR practices, including but not limited to compensation analysis, performance management, employee relations, onboarding, and training support. This role will report to directly to the SVP, Human Resources and will work closely with other members of HR team to drive consistency in administering processes, programs and practices. In this role you will collaborate regularly with HR Managers, Recruiters and business leaders.
The responsibilities require a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, independent judgement and multitasking. The successful candidate will have experience supporting a variety of HR disciplines, as well as participating in HR projects and initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Support various leaders with employee relations and performance management issues in close conjunction with HR Managers and SVP
- Provide support to business leaders as assigned. Examples may include job description creation, compensation analysis, drafting performance management documents, facilitating organizational changes, and reporting and data analysis.
- Support the execution of cyclical activities. Contribute to both strategic and tactical activities related to performance management and compensation review
- Own transactions in our HRIS systems including new hire onboarding, promotions, and terminations
- Field questions from employees and resolve day-to-day issues in relation to Payroll, Benefits, and Leave administration
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws governing various aspects of HR
- Facilitate the hiring process, including completing background checks, onboarding logistics, I-9 verifications, and creating employee files
- Run reports in HR systems and use Excel to provide data analysis, as requested
What you’ll bring:
- Master’s or MBA in Human Resources Management or similar discipline plus 3+ years of experience in a Human Resources role or equivalent.
- Experience in an HR Coordinator or Generalist role, with early experience and knowledge in areas such as benefits, compensation, performance management and HR project management and implementation.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details; proven success in being highly responsive and effective in a fast-paced organization with numerous competing priorities.
- Problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely data/analyses.
- Knowledge of HR-related regulations including but not limited to ADEA, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEOC reporting and other federal laws.
- Experience with enterprise-wide HR systems.
- Capability in Microsoft Office suite. Ability to manipulate data in Excel using formulas and pivot tables necessary
- Proven track record of taking ownership and accountability
Who we are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Home office setup for remote employees
- Mobile phone stipends, monthly subway pass reimbursement and fitness reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.