PhonePe is India’s leading digital payments platform with over 400 million+ registered users. Using PhonePe, users can send and receive money, recharge mobile, DTH, data cards, pay at stores, make utility payments, buy gold, and make investments. PhonePe went live for customers in August 2016 and was the first non-banking UPI app and offered money transfer to individuals and merchants, recharges and bill payments to begin with. In 2017, PhonePe forayed into financial services with the launch of digital gold, providing users with a safe and convenient option to buy 24-karat gold securely on its platform. PhonePe has since launched Mutual Funds and Insurance products like tax-saving funds, liquid funds, international travel insurance, Corona Care, a dedicated insurance product for the COVID-19 pandemic among others.
PhonePe launched its Switch platform in 2018, and today its customers can place orders on over 300 apps including Ola, Myntra, IRCTC, Goibibo, RedBus, Oyo etc. directly from within the PhonePe mobile app. PhonePe is accepted at over 18 million merchant outlets across 500 cities nationally.
At PhonePe, we take extra care to make sure you give your best at work, Everyday! And creating the right environment for you is just one of the things we do. We empower people and trust them to do the right thing. Here, you own your work from start to finish, right from day one. Being enthusiastic about tech is a big part of being at PhonePe. If you like building technology that impacts millions, ideating with some of the best minds in the country and executing on your dreams with purpose and speed, join us!
As a Software Engineer:
● You will build Robust and Scalable web-based applications.
● Build abstractions and contracts with separation of concerns for a larger scope.
● Drive problem-solving skills for high-level business and technical problems.
● Do high-level design with guidance; Functional modeling, break-down of a module.
● Do incremental changes to architecture: impact analysis of the same.
● Do performance tuning and improvements in large scale distributed systems
● Work closely with Product Manager to derive capability view from features/solutions, lead execution of medium-sized projects
● Work with broader stakeholders to track the impact of projects/features and proactively iterate to improve them
● Mentor young minds and foster team spirit, break down execution into phases to bring predictability to overall execution
As a Software Engineer, you must have:
● Extensive and expert programming experience in at least one general programming language (e.g. Java, C, C++) & tech stack to write maintainable, scalable, unit-tested code.
● Experience with multi-threading and concurrency programming.
● Experience in building highly scalable business applications, which involve implementing large complex business flows and dealing with a huge amount of data.
● Extensive experience in object-oriented design skills, knowledge of design patterns, and huge passion and ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
● Excellent coding skills – should be able to convert the design into code fluently.
● Knowledge of Test Driven Development.
● Good understanding of databases (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL (e.g. HBase, Elasticsearch, Aerospike, etc).
● Experience with full life cycle development in any programming language on a Linux platform.
● Worked in a startups environment with high levels of ownership and commitment.
● Strong desire to solving complex and interesting real-world problems
● BTech, MTech, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
● 5-7 years of experience in the art of writing code and solving problems on a large scale.
PhonePe Full Time Employee Benefits (Not applicable for Intern or Contract Roles)
- Insurance Benefits - Medical Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accidental Insurance, Life Insurance
- Wellness Program - Employee Assistance Program, Onsite Medical Center, Emergency Support System
- Parental Support - Maternity Benefit, Paternity Benefit Program, Adoption Assistance Program, Day-care Support Program
- Mobility Benefits - Relocation benefits, Transfer Support Policy, Travel Policy
- Retirement Benefits - Employee PF Contribution, Flexible PF Contribution, Gratuity, NPS, Leave Encashment
- Other Benefits - Higher Education Assistance, Car Lease, Mobile & Broadband Reimbursements, Salary Advance Policy
Working at PhonePe is a rewarding experience! Great people, a work environment that thrives on creativity, the opportunity to take on roles beyond a defined job description are just some of the reasons you should work with us. Read more about PhonePe on our blog.