Who We Are | Our Culture
When you join Phoenix Contact, you join a team of visionaries who are creating a sustainable world based on our passion for technology and innovation. Our mission is to create solutions for electrification, networking, and automation to contribute to a world in which renewable energy is available for the benefit of everybody. We create solutions for the challenges of today.
We are a team of passionate and welcoming people with vastly diverse backgrounds, who value honesty, friendliness, and trusting partnerships. We work together to promote a culture of entrepreneurial freedom that allows us to control our own destiny. We thrive in an inclusive environment where we recognize that our people are our biggest asset.
The Industrial Sales Engineer (ISE) role is a strategic and tactical sales engineering role focusing on market share growth and brand awareness in a specific geographical territory. This role requires an entrepreneurial mindset to implement marketing objectives, grow assigned account sales, and develop new opportunities.
This is a regional role responsible for North Los Angeles and Ventura County.
- Meet/exceed sales growth objectives as established by your Regional Sales Manager.
- Be proficient in R3/BASE selling skills and implement to build strong customer relationships.
- Focus on the customer by averaging a minimum of 16 to 20 sales calls/Seminars per week, with at least 50% to assigned accounts.
- Demonstrate technical competence on all products/solutions within area of focuWork independently to manage and develop channel partners through utilization of joint sales activities, trainings and mutual action plans.
- Drive value-added/custom solutions within assigned account base, comprised primarily of Industrial OEM’s, System Integrators, and End Users.
- Assist in the sales promotion of packaged control systems and end to end solutions created by the Control and Industry Solutions division.
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding what actions need to be taken and completing the required tasks while seeking the perspective of others as required.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience in a technical discipline
- 3+ years of proven success in Industrial Controls and Automation Sales or spent a minimum of one year in the Sales Apprentice Training Program • Outstanding communication skills – written, verbal and listening.
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Displays proficiency in the following global competencies:
- Initiative – the understanding of what action needs to be taken and completing these tasks while seeking the perspective of others.
- Comprehensive Thinking (Personal Credibility) – taking personal responsibility for mistakes; does what he/she commits to and is honest and forthright.
- Collaboration – works as a team player to make a difference within the business and expresses gratitude and appreciation to others who have provided information, assistance and support
- Willingness to Learn – handles change through taking advantage of lifelong learning opportunities and is open minded and curious to face new challenges.
Must Be Able To…
- Travel via airplane.
- Have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate an automobile for up to six hours at a time.
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs. (sample, demos, literature)
- Travel overnight 40% + or as dictated by assigned territory.
What’s in it for you?
Phoenix Contact offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, bonus plan and a generous time off package. There are also a wide variety of additional benefits available including 14 weeks fully paid maternity leave & 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave, auto allowance, life insurance, short & long-term disability, assistance, and more!
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters:
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact’s resume database will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.
Phoenix Contact is committed to the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.