Who We Are | Our Culture
When you join Phoenix Contact, you join a team of visionaries who are creating a sustainable world based on our passion for technology and innovation. Our mission is to create solutions for electrification, networking, and automation to contribute to a world in which renewable energy is available for the benefit of everybody. We create solutions for the challenges of today.
We are a team of passionate and welcoming people with vastly diverse backgrounds, who value honesty, friendliness, and trusting partnerships. We work together to promote a culture of entrepreneurial freedom that allows us to control our own destiny. We thrive in an inclusive environment where we recognize that our people are our biggest asset.
The Product Manager will have overall responsibility for the success of the products within the Drive Technology and Energy Monitoring divisions of the Interface RBU. This responsibility will include defining and realizing the product roadmap, managing the product lifecycle, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders regarding all aspects of the product.
- Guide the development and implementation of the regional business unit product roadmap by identifying regional and global product opportunities that offer significant revenue and margin potential that are within the scope of the product line and its strategic plan.
- Review opportunities presented by sales subsidiaries, customers, standards organizations, and other sources. Analyze all aspects of the opportunity and make recommendations on if and how the opportunity should proceed.
- Manage the lifecycle of the product. Product ranges will be expanded and maintained based on market needs and lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain a market and competition overview for the products managed.
- Launch products to other regional business units and subsidiaries within the business unit’s area of responsibility.
- BS Degree in Engineering or a Business Administration Degree in Marketing/Sales.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in Product Management.
- Working knowledge of industrial electrical drive technology, and relevant drive technology manufacturers.
- Experience pertaining to energy measurement technology, including but not limited to energy meters, power quality meters, and multi-circuit monitoring solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplined, international, and cross-culture teams in a product development project.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Leadership, mentorship, and training skills.
- Knowledge of Building Automation Systems, including BACnet communications and device integration.
- Additional expertise relating to cloud-based energy management, predictive maintenance.
- Experience with the creation and negotiation of business contracts
- Demonstrated experience applying project management tools and techniques.
Must Be Able To…
- Travel by air for trips up to 12 hours, including international travel.
- Receive a passport
- Have a valid driver’s license and be able to ride in a car for 8 hours at a time.
- Work at a desk with a computer for up to eight hours per day.
- Sit/and or stand for extended periods of time (2-4 hours at a time).
- Lift 50 pounds.
What’s in it for you?
Phoenix Contact offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, and a generous time off package. There are also a wide variety of additional benefits available including 14 weeks fully paid maternity leave & 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave, life insurance, short & long-term disability, on-site gym access, health & wellbeing center, on-site café, walking trails, tuition assistance, and more!
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters:
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact’s resume database will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.
Phoenix Contact is committed to the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.