Who We Are | Our Culture
When you join Phoenix Contact, you join a team of visionaries who are creating a sustainable world based on our passion for technology and innovation. Our mission is to create solutions for electrification, networking, and automation to contribute to a world in which renewable energy is available for the benefit of everybody. We create solutions for the challenges of today.
We are a team of passionate and welcoming people with vastly diverse backgrounds, who value honesty, friendliness, and trusting partnerships. We work together to promote a culture of entrepreneurial freedom that allows us to control our own destiny. We thrive in an inclusive environment where we recognize that our people are our biggest asset.
The Automation Sales Engineer (ASE) is responsible for executing the sales and marketing plans, including, technical sales support and quota responsibility for the automation portfolio for their assigned sales geography. They should be especially proficient in the technical sales and support of managed networking products and technologies.
**Must reside in Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington.**
- Work with their regional sales manager and other stakeholders to develop sales growth plans for Automation products within their responsible territory.
- Execute those sales plans through the support of the ISE, ESE, and PSE assigned accounts.
- Work independently to prospect and develop new automation product, system and solution business opportunities utilizing consultative sales skills within the territory.
- Take technical direction from the Automation Marketing leadership team.
- Develop and provide subject matter expertise on managed network infrastructure including layer 3 switching and cybersecurity for sales resources in your region.
- Meet/exceed sales growth objectives as established by your Industrial Regional Sales Manager.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Automation technologies including control, communications, networking, and safety.
- Four-year degree required. Engineering degree preferred.
- 3+ years outside sales experience required.
- Outstanding communication skills – written, verbal and listening.
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Electrical/electronic industry sales experience preferred.
- Experience in working with distributors preferred.
Must Be Able To…
- Travel via airplane.
- Have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate an automobile for up to six hours at a time.
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs (sample, demos, literature)
- Travel overnight 35% + or as dictated by assigned territory.
What’s in it for you?
Phoenix Contact offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, bonus plan and a generous time off package. There are also a wide variety of additional benefits available including 14 weeks fully paid maternity leave & 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave, auto allowance, life insurance, short & long-term disability, assistance, and more!
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters:
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact’s resume database will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.
Phoenix Contact is committed to the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.