Who We Are | Our Culture
When you join Phoenix Contact, you join a team of visionaries who are creating a sustainable world based on our passion for technology and innovation. Our mission is to create solutions for electrification, networking, and automation to contribute to a world in which renewable energy is available for the benefit of everybody. We create solutions for the challenges of today.
We are a team of passionate and welcoming people with vastly diverse backgrounds, who value honesty, friendliness, and trusting partnerships. We work together to promote a culture of entrepreneurial freedom that allows us to control our own destiny. We thrive in an inclusive environment where we recognize that our people are our biggest asset.
This posting is for Phoenix Contact's Technical Sales Apprentice Program, which is a Training Program for those interested in a career in Technical Sales.
Phoenix Contact’s Apprentice Program is designed for those with an interest in a sales engineer role (technical sales). This is a full time, salaried, benefit eligible role.
Apprentices spend 12-18 months in a hands-on rotational training program that introduces them to all facets of our business. Examples of these rotations include Technical Marketing, Industry Management, Technical Service, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality and Quotes. Rotations can be classroom style training, shadowing or hands on projects or research based, all geared towards preparing the apprentice for life as a field sales engineer. Also included in the program are professional development courses and the apprentice is matched with two mentors to help them navigate the role.
After completion of the training program, apprentices are placed in a technical sales role in the field. Specific location is based upon current openings, so apprentices must be willing to relocate anywhere within the US.
The program is based in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The start date for this role is the end of June 2023.
- Your application will be reviewed by our Hiring Committee. Please note, this can take a few weeks.
- Successful applicants will receive an email to schedule an interview with Human Relations (Resources).
- Selected applicants will be invited to a virtual interview with multiple stakeholders of the program.
- Timeline of the above process depends on when initial application is received and is subject to change at any time.
- Learn the organization’s products/services and policies as preparation towards selling Phoenix Contact products/services
- Pursue a defined course of basic training, covering the organization’s products/services and policies as outlined in the Apprenticeship Program
- Learn selling techniques involved in marketing the organization’s products/services; learn the selling methods required based on the market served
- Learn the organization’s prices, its manufacturing policy, its delivery policy and customer service policies
- Accompany experienced sales personnel on selling missions to observe actual selling techniques performed by a seasoned, experienced individual and assist in these sales and in some cases sell alone
- Perform marketing projects which will assist the Product Marketing Manager in the implementation and coordination of marketing plans, programs and sales efforts within each product line for the Phoenix Contact Marketing Department
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, related technical major or Business/Marketing
- The ability to live/relocate to the Harrisburg, PA area for the duration of the program.
- The ability to relocate to anywhere in the US after the program is complete, as opportunities will not be known until near the competition of the program.
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively
- Ability to prioritize projects and assignments
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work independently
Must Be Able To…
- Travel via airplane
- Have a valid driver’s license and travel via automobile for up to six hours at a time
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs. (sample, demos, literature)
- Travel overnight
- Comply with company dress code guidelines
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time (2-4 hours at a time)
- Work on a computer for extended periods of time (up to 4 hours at a time)
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written English
What’s in it for you?
Phoenix Contact offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, and a generous time off package. There are also a wide variety of additional benefits available including 14 weeks fully paid maternity leave & 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave, life insurance, short & long-term disability, on-site gym access, health & wellbeing center, on-site café, walking trails, tuition assistance, and more!
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters:
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact’s resume database will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.
Phoenix Contact is committed to the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.