Who We Are | Our Culture
When you join Phoenix Contact, you join a team of visionaries who are creating a sustainable world based on our passion for technology and innovation. Our mission is to create solutions for electrification, networking, and automation to contribute to a world in which renewable energy is available for the benefit of everybody. We create solutions for the challenges of today.
We are a team of passionate and welcoming people with vastly diverse backgrounds, who value honesty, friendliness, and trusting partnerships. We work together to promote a culture of entrepreneurial freedom that allows us to control our own destiny. We thrive in an inclusive environment where we recognize that our people are our biggest asset.
The Business Development Application Engineer (BDAE) will provide technical, hands-on expertise to support new business opportunities for Industrial Field Connectivity (IFC) catalog products (water-tight cordsets, circular connections, power & through-panel connections) and customer-specific solutions. The BDAE will collaborate with regional sales managers, field sales engineers and channel partners to develop customer relationships. The BDAE will utilize a consultative approach with all customers to support their individual connectivity needs and expand IFC market penetration.
- Deliver professional customer presentations to create awareness, generate interest, and cultivate customer desire for Connectivity product line.
- Participate in implementation of corporate marketing plans, programs and focused sales initiatives.
- Participate in joint or independent customer visits and take a lead role in product specification; communicate with customers to learn design cycle and be involved in early stages of new product planning.
- Demonstrate competence in Phoenix Contact manufacturing capabilities for customer-specific solutions and value-added services.
- Build collaborative relationships with sales engineers, sales managers and local distributor personnel.
- Identify and explore new market opportunities not currently in focus for regional sales team.
- Develop and maintain a high level of market knowledge i.e., market pricing, competitor offerings, channel and sales strategies.
- Document all customer visits using Pivotal (CRM); demonstrate ability to analyze CRM report data to create effective customer sales call planning.
- Provide recommendation to PMM and Regional Sales Manager for distributor stocking plan/contracts to support new conversion customer wins.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience in a technical discipline.
- Fundamental understanding of connector design, mechanical technology.
- Prefer two years previous sales or marketing experience with plug connectors and cable assemblies
- Prefer five years previous sales or marketing experience within Material Handling.
- Ability to work independently from home office and communicate effectively with colleagues.
Must Be Able To
- Travel required, more than 50% to be expected in territory.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to ride in a car for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to travel by air for (occasional) international business trips.
- Comply with company dress code guidelines.
- Timely reporting of expenses and activity.
What’s in it for you?
Phoenix Contact offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, bonus plan and a generous time off package. There are also a wide variety of additional benefits available including 14 weeks fully paid maternity leave & 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave, auto allowance, life insurance, short & long-term disability, assistance, and more!
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters:
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact’s resume database will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.
Phoenix Contact is committed to the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.