Who We Are | Our Culture
When you join Phoenix Contact, you join a team of visionaries who are creating a sustainable world based on our passion for technology and innovation. Our mission is to create solutions for electrification, networking, and automation to contribute to a world in which renewable energy is available for the benefit of everybody. We create solutions for the challenges of today.
We are a team of passionate and welcoming people with vastly diverse backgrounds, who value honesty, friendliness, and trusting partnerships. We work together to promote a culture of entrepreneurial freedom that allows us to control our own destiny. We thrive in an inclusive environment where we recognize that our people are our biggest asset.
This position is responsible for ensuring the output quality and quantity targets of injection molded components for the IMC department. In addition, this role will also support auxiliary activities, including equipment qualifications, and improvement projects.
- Responsible for independent operation, set up, material changeover, and tool changeover on molding machines, being responsible for 3 or more at a time.
- Responsible for independent operation, set up, and changeover of all supporting molding machine equipment.
- Ensures proper start up and shut down of equipment in accordance with company safety procedures, manufacture instructions, and OSHA requirements.
- Informs production management of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Monitors and analyzes equipment performance and take actions to optimize mechanical and other operations to meet production targets.
- Troubleshoots, services, and maintains equipment, machines, fixtures, and tools.
- Recognizes, communicates, and supports improvement potentials and efforts.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Performs quality inspection of molded components according to quality standards.
- Makes corrections to the operational settings of machines to compensate for quality issues or process indicators.
- Records production data and completion of all associated routing, quality documents, and other related forms.
- Assists and trains others in job as needed.
- Keeps work area clean and organized according to workplace standards.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Follows procedures associated with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OSHAS 18001.
- Follows necessary PPE Requirements for a given work center.
- Working knowlege of plastic injection molding process, plastics, and tooling is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in molding machine operation or 5 years experience of automation machine operation with training in injection molding processes.
- Working knowlege of PLC and industrial automation programming practices is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend English written assembly prints and production documents.
- PC and Windows based software experience including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to use math to analyze, troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to use tools, calipers and other manufacturing equipment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude toward all aspects of work
- Remain adaptable and open to change
- Apply effort and energy to lifelong learning and strive to continually grow
- Embrace change if it will provide future benefits
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Able to use pallet jack with 2 ton load
- Able to use portable staircase and climb to 12 foot heights
- Able to carry 20 pound/ 3 cubic feet boxes up and down portable staircase
- Able to work a 6 day week, if required
- Able to stand or sit continually for 4 hours without break
- Able to use computer for two hours at a time without break
- Able to drive to local supplier, in own vehicle (with reimbursement), at short notice
- Able to travel to off-site locations, including other Phoenix global sites, for periods of up to 2 weeks.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters:
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact’s resume database will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.
Phoenix Contact is committed to the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.