Who We Are | Our Culture
When you join Phoenix Contact, you join a team of visionaries who are creating a sustainable world based on our passion for technology and innovation. Our mission is to create solutions for electrification, networking, and automation to contribute to a world in which renewable energy is available for the benefit of everybody. We create solutions for the challenges of today.
We are a team of passionate and welcoming people with vastly diverse backgrounds, who value honesty, friendliness, and trusting partnerships. We work together to promote a culture of entrepreneurial freedom that allows us to control our own destiny. We thrive in an inclusive environment where we recognize that our people are our biggest asset.
The Mold Set Up Technician is responsible for set up, heat up, start up, operating, troubleshooting, and adjusting process settings for plastic injection molding presses and related equipment per set up sheet in the plant.
- Responsible for set up, heat up, start up, operating, troubleshooting, and adjusting process settings for plastic injection molding presses and related equipment per set up sheet in the plant.
- Demonstrate problem solving and strong troubleshooting skills supporting injection molding process.
- Train and assist shift personnel, machine operator, etc.
- Assist maintenance with troubleshooting and equipment repair as directed.
- Provide analysis, spreadsheets related to molds and injection molding processes.
- Experience in mold care, repair, installation & removal of molds.
- Ability to perform cavity/core changeovers, maintenance of all mold tooling in the department.
- Perform preventive maintenance on molding equipment (hopper, dryer, TCU, conveyor) and molds.
- Ability to oversee, monitor and perform all operations for the entire plastics injection molding
department on his/hers shift.
- Ensures safety and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Injection molding troubleshooting skills is required.
- Working knowledge of plastic injection molding process, plastics is required.
- PC and Windows based software experience including Microsoft Office products.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Ability to communicate and work with others effectively.
- Ability to work independently and effectively perform with limited supervision.
- Associate Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Technology is preferred.
- 5+ years' experience with injection molding is preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Able to use pallet jack with 2-ton load
- Able to use portable staircase and climb to 12-foot heights
- Able to carry 20-pound/ 3 cubic feet boxes up and down portable staircase
- Able to work a 6-day week, if required
- Able to stand or sit continually for 4-hours without break
- Able to use computer for two hours at a time without break
- Able to drive to local supplier, in own vehicle (with reimbursement), at short notice
- Able to travel to off-site locations, including other Phoenix global sites, for periods of up to 2-weeks.
- Must be able to speak and understand English to communicate verbally and in writing
What’s in it for you?
Phoenix Contact offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, and a generous time off package. There are also a wide variety of additional benefits available including 14 weeks fully paid maternity leave & 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave, life insurance, short & long-term disability, on-site gym access, health & wellbeing center, on-site café, walking trails, tuition assistance,
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters:
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact’s resume database will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.
Phoenix Contact is committed to the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.